Thread: confused
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 556 / Power: 17
peanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to allpeanut123 is a name known to all
Re: confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyfuck View Post
It's a combi of some: work stress; lesser communication; she does not bother to even listen. Its always her way/thinking is right. It was no evident previously, but in recent years I just felt she is just selfish and thinks about her own and not how others will be affected.

I value my freedom to do my own stuff/interests; not being restricted from engaging in hobbies I like. (Not cheonging, even it sounds strange in this forum)
dude, did you know she was like this (selfish, self-centered) when you married her ? If you did, then you were able to accept her short-comings at that time, so why can't you accept them now ?

If you didn't know then, that means you didn't know her that well. I guess then you'll have to ask yourself if this is the ONLY thing you can't stand? If this is, you can have a heart to heart talk to her, and see if she can change. If she loves you, the fear of losing you could make her change.

If she cannot change, then you'll have to ask yourself if you can ever be happy with her. If you can't be happy, then I think it's better to call it quits. Better cut early, cut cleanly and cut fast. Then at least both of you have another shot at happiness. Otherwise, it's just misery for both of you stuck in a marriage you both can't stand.