View Single Post
Old 16-07-2022, 03:05 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 116 / Power: 13
pearlnjewel deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guypearlnjewel deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Stress about work

Quote:
Originally Posted by entering View Post
I was a freelance until 2015, and was in teaching until 2020.

My freelance industry is on the down trend and also having teachinexperience is not corporate experience. So, ended up, I tried entering the corporate world since 2014, but had a lot of difficulties.

But these days, with mycareersfuture, it's actually quite easy to find a new job that pays more.

1) do your profile in mycareersfuture properly
2) write a good CV, detailing mostly the skills you have (especially management skills)
3) every morning, go and apply for 30-40 job posts, this will lead to an interview every week or every 2 weeks.
4) during the interview, note the questions they ask, because every interviewer will be asking the same questions, and you need a "beautiful" answer. Example, "John, why are you considering leaving when your current pay is double of what we offer?"
5) when they ask what's your asking, don't say your asking. Reply, "i'm easy about my asking, but my current pay is.... (quote a higher amount)" But note, SMEs don't check your current pay when you join them, unlike big companies will ask for your salary statements.

Hope that helps.
You still doing freelance?

Last edited by pearlnjewel; 16-07-2022 at 03:16 PM.