Thread: Issue with ICA
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4028 / Power: 22
Xgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexist84 View Post
If she is able to set up a small business here, why would she want to fly back, she might as well apply for a work permit to work in Singapore. Then she need not fill up any more white cards which only allow her to stay in Singapore for 30 days.
Well, the items sold at Chatuchak market tends to be small items, earrings, chopsticks, pouches etc. My thinking is that they will pack these items in their luggage and fully utilise the 20kg or whatever weight limit. Once the items are sold in Singapore, they will then fly back to Bangkok to replenish stocks. Thus the reason for frequent flying. Like you know, a lot of blogspot owners also search around the world for things to sell in Singapore. With budget airlines now, it's quite cheap to fly back.

Apply work permit not so easy these days. Registering a business allows her a legitimate reason to frequent Singapore and to meet TS often mah.