Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 28 / Power: 0
laguy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Jakarta CASH KINGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCheong2 View Post
American style spenders/tippers can continue to patronise high end/class joints such as Alexis and Malioboro to make their Mafia bosses even richer.
My rather extensive circle of "American style spenders/tippers" (who are Americans) regularly go to the Pangeran Jayakarta bars such as Sari Ayu, LA Bar, and Royal Massage (where sessions cost less than 400,000 rupiah), sometimes King Cross (gravitating to the cheaper first floor), and to splurge maybe Malioboro (I myself prefer the places where the charges are less than 400,000 rupiah per session). Some even boycott Malioboro because of the entrance fee, even though that fee entitles one to use the various spa facilities and I believe is waived if one has a session with a girl there.

For these American style tippers tips at the Pangeran Jayakarta bars average around 100,000 rupiah (a few years ago 50,000), and maybe a bit more for King Cross and Malioboro. I might sometimes tip 150,000 if a girl lets me take a lot of pictures and occasionally 200,000 if I get video, including during sex. I also need decent service to justify any tip. Then again, I usually tip the guys who clean up the rooms 10,000 rupiah (one Singaporean dollar or about 75 cents US); maybe you object to this as excessive?

OTOH, some regularly complain, both privately and on some non-Asian forums, about men from certain Asian countries overtipping, not requiring decent service, and patronizing places that keep raising prices, particularly in Bangkok. So maybe some perspective is in order.

Last edited by laguy; 16-08-2017 at 07:30 AM.