View Single Post
Old 22-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 381 / Power: 16
Tony Stark is a living Saint! - you won't find betterTony Stark is a living Saint! - you won't find betterTony Stark is a living Saint! - you won't find betterTony Stark is a living Saint! - you won't find better
KTV Smack Down

Even China veterans like you guys also get embroiled into bullshit situations. Makes me feel better with my own mis-adventures.

Below I'll share my own SOPs and tactics in dealing with bullshit/tricky situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekatulia View Post
Mis-adventure in Shenyang

Seriously if you ask me, I would prefer places like the BBS or commonly known in the southern parts of China as Falang (发廊). I do enjoy sauna occassionally but one thing I don't like is the ISO procedure, I always request the MM to skip those unnecessary stuff. As for KTV, I think we got to set our priorities right. My priority is to get into the pants of MM, it may sound blunt, but at least I am honest about it. Going to KTV, spending money on the drinks, is just part of the process which if possible, I would want to skip that and just get right to the main action.
Same here I prefer BBS or Sauna. If time permits. Start hunting early from 12pm onwards. This way you get a good head start and can look for replacements if things don't go your way. You're in control of the situation and time.

Usually KTVs only start from 6pm onwards. Like you said a waste of time and money. Nonetheless we can still go to KTVs to search for gems but we must not be desperate. Be prepared to evacuate when situation gets tricky. This I'll touch upon later on.

Quote:
We didn't waste anytime and start to get straight into the main reason, got the mummy to start bringing in the girls. The pickings for that night, in terms of quantity was low, due to the recent clamp down and also it was a weekday nite, so quite a number of gals decided to take leave. Quality wise, i would say it was 4-6.8 on a scale of 10.
For unknown KTVs I may want to test the waters first by sitting at the main hall. This is of course if you do not want to sing karaoke. The idea is to minimise the damage without getting chopped. I'll look around to have a feel of the girl quality. If girl quality sucks I'll leave after one drink.

Quote:
All I can comment is, these gals are just super seasoned. Definitely have been around, and drink alcohol like water. Personally, I was a bit pissed off by my gal towards the end, as I began to realise the game that they were playing. My gal keep pushing for the drinks to be bottoms up. They probably knew that since we are from outta town, the chances for us coming back will be slim, so low chance for return biz. So they decided to make as much a killing as possible.
Ok these type of girls I detest the most. What I may do if I'm super pissed off is I'll subtly hint the girl if she's thirsty for alcohol? Ok let's up the ante and drink something else. 服务员 or DJ 来来来! I want to order some whisky, chinese wine, vodka, etc. Even though these liquors are fake. The girl will get the f*cking idea that it's time for neat drinking baby. Unless she's a hardcore drinker then too bad this doesn't work. Nonetheless they get the drift you're ready for trigger action.

Quote:
The other thing is, normally, the mummy doesn't get the tip, because normally they would already take a cut from the gals. However, towards the end, or late into the nite, the mummy stayed in the room, while most of the time she was nowhere to be seen. When we decided to call for the bill and began to settle the tips for the gals, my gal quickly handed her portion to the mummy and asked for another 200 tips. That kinda pissed LT off.
Again this type of bullshit mummy can also tekan with my above tactic same with those thirsty KTV girls. Bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam. Bottoms up. Very soon the people in the whole room will avoid you at all costs. Do it with an evil look. If they pester your buddy. Go over to him and suppress fire for him. Bam, bam, bam again. LOL.

Quote:
Mid way through the nite, I have already made up my mind not to take my gal for any further action, I guess that is the saving grace. Same for LT, he commented that he knew if he were to take his cute lil gal, that would probably be the start of a disaster. Towards the end of the nite, his cute lil gal turned out to be quite a gold digger, kept pestering LT for more tips, for supper, etc. LT, being experienced, earlier on has already faked drinking too much and pretend half unconscious.

LT tried to hint to me to carry on singing, trying to extend the time of our departure so as to get rid of the mummy in the room, but I didn't exactly get what his point because by then, i was quite pissed by my gal and just wanted to leave.
Maybe it's a good practice to have an evacuation plan before a mission starts. Communicate via sms in the room if you need to be tactical.

I may also engage a BBS girl to bring to the KTV and act as my "bodyguard" cum "medic". Discuss all the SOPs with her before mission starts. This is a little complex. Will discuss further if needed.

Also at any point if any bullshit happens and after through peaceful requests/negotiations and things still cannot be resolved. Then it's WAR time! Some examples would be.

-Get real angry like incredible hulk.
-Throw the microphone on the table.
-Throw a few glasess, aluminium ice buckets (loud sound effect) on the floor.
-Smash up the fruits or whatever.
-Readers please suggest. I need some new and creative stunts.

DO NOT GET INTO PHYSICAL ASSAULT AND DAMAGE EXPENSIVE GEAR AND FURNITURE! THIS IS TO COVER YOUR OWN ASS!

Please remember that this is all an act to let them wake up their idea that the shit has hit the fan and you're a crazy bastard.

Quote:
If this is the modus operandi in northern China, I guess i won't be coming back for further exploration. Well at least, I learnt a valuable lesson that night.
I believe this can happen anywhere in China not just Northern China.

There're many times that I've observed the KTV managers, mummies and staff trying to pull off the chalking up the bill stunts but I just keep quiet as the party is not organised by me. So as not to embarrass the organiser or guest. But if it's a party organised by me then it's a different story.

Sorry if any readers feel I'm an extremist. I've to admit I'm an asshole should anybody forces me to be one. Hahahaha.

Last edited by Tony Stark; 22-08-2009 at 01:22 AM.