View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 03:26 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 796 / Power: 14
peanodood1337 is a splendid one to beholdpeanodood1337 is a splendid one to beholdpeanodood1337 is a splendid one to beholdpeanodood1337 is a splendid one to beholdpeanodood1337 is a splendid one to beholdpeanodood1337 is a splendid one to beholdpeanodood1337 is a splendid one to behold
Re: To annul or divorce

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0541774 View Post
To sum it up, lose $50k or 3.5yrs?

By the way, an annulment needs a valid reason. What will you come up with?
Its not difficult to get an annulment as long as both parties are in agreement and kept their stories straight. One common reason is to tell the court that the marriage was unconsummated.

To TS:

What does your wife want? A divorce or annulment? Her wishes matters a lot, as the local courts tend to favour the female party in judgments. So you better make sure you guys are on the same page.

Also, what's your wife's character like? Is she someone who will play you out? After all, she can hire a good lawyer to fight for the division of assets and a hefty alimony at the end of the 3.5 years wait. In which case you will lose way more than the 50k to HDB.

As a side note, while you may be having a sexless marriage at this point, it is not a good idea to have relationships with other girls until this matter is sorted out. She can seriously screw you over by accusing you of adultery. I'm not saying she is someone who would do something like that. You are the one who would know her best of all.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your failing marriage. I was in a similar position about a year ago so I can empathise somewhat. Feel free to contact me if you need a bro at this juncture of your life.

Regardless, I wish you all the best. Good luck man.