Old 08-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 63 / Power: 15
takagi deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Loan scam on locanto/kik

Hi everyone, I am writing this post so as to let potential victims be aware of such scams going around.

I saw a post on locanto a few months ago and chatted with the owner of the post. The scammer will ask you to communicate through kik (because it is not possible to trace the user)

The usual stories will be that she is a young girl who is in debt because of her ex bf who ran away after getting himself in debt and she was the one who borrowed the money from the bank/loan shark/friend.

Below are some examples of the posts the scammer posted on locanto.

To cut long story short, I was tricked into loaning the scammer a $15k and the scammer would continue to chat with you for months in an attempt to con you into lending more money with the promises that the money will be returned by installment. This is not a typical scam as the scammer plotted for months.

I have made a police a few months ago and the only thing the investigation officer say is it is under investigation.

I have already resigned to losing the money but I have to write this post because the scammer is still using the same trick to scam people!

The following are some of the information I have gathered for the past few months.

Scammer’s locanto username:
leooo96, Denver12345, Charmaineleona96, Babygal96

Scammer has been creating new locanto accounts but the posts are roughly the same.

Scammer’s bank account
024-63075-4 (this account belongs to the name Kong Wai Leong)
198-88213-5 (probably female accomplice’s account)

Female accomplice’s photo

I can confirm that this lady is part of the scam because in separate occasion when I requested the scammer to post selfie with certain hand signal, the scammer is able to produce it but of cos it will take the scammer some time to send the photo (probably the female scammer is not the one chatting with me)

Some information about the female scammer that are not confirmed...
Her real name is sheralyn and is staying in tampines area.

If anyone of the you have the same experience or any information about this pair of scammers, please PM me.

Let’s hope they get caught and prevent more of us to get scammed.

p.s. my grandfather suffered a heart attack after he found out I lost $15k to scam and have passed away few months ago.