Thread: Issue with ICA
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2652 / Power: 15
JacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirasama View Post
I have a case of mine to seek advice. In Feb 2013, my wife (not gf then) was caught in street with a client, so suspected being a WL and deported. A year later, me being new and naive try to bring her in to ROM (alr gf status). No surprise, she was refused entry and I was heart broken. A uncle ICA officer at office (kind of pity me) told me she was banned 3 years. We endured, we got marrried in vietnam in 2016. We have the vietnam marriage certificate legally.

The ban had been 5 years, but alas I still failed my most recent appeal in Mar 2018. I been appealing like once every year. My MP also wrote letters to support each of my appeal. My employment payslip (>5k/mth), notice of marriage, my CPF statements, income tax, even my Bx barista course completion cert all duly submitted with the usual form 14A, V39I, passport copies etc. But ICA still not convinced to lift her ban entry. We are fearing it’s a life ban. We want to start family here (also stated in appeal letters). We are puzzled, what went wrong, and stuck at how to further increase the success rate. Any kind advice will be much appreciated.
Not surprised because you are a local man marrying a vietnamese. Sorry to say it sounds racist but have you considered How different it will be if you are a local woman marrying a caucasian?