Thread: Jose Mourinho
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Jose Mourinho

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...league&cc=4716

UEFA charges Mourinho and co

UEFA has charged Jose Mourinho with improper conduct following the controversial 2nd yellow cards earned by Xabi Alonso & Sergio Ramos in Real Madrid's 4-0 victory @ Ajax.

Alonso, Ramos, goalkeepers Iker Casillas & Jerzy Dudek hv also been charged.

A statement read: "UEFA has confirmed tat a disciplinary case has been opened against Real Madrid 4 the improper conduct of coach Jose Mourinho & players Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos, Iker Casillas & Jerzy Dudek during the UEFA Champions League Group G match against AFC Ajax in Amsterdam on Tuesday."

It has been suggested tat, aft the result was secure in Amsterdam, Alonso & Ramos deliberately sought 2nd bookings by timewasting in order 2 serve their suspensions in the final group game - a dead rubber against Auxerre - & clear their slates 4 the knockout rounds. Pictures appear 2 show Mourinho passing on instructions to the duo via Dudek & Casillas.

UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body will consider the case on November 30.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...league&cc=4716

Mourinho plays dumb over red cards

Jose Mourinho refused 2 be drawn on the red cards tat seemed 2 be intentionally picked up by Xabi Alonso & Sergio Ramos in Real Madrid's Champions League win over Ajax, while Ramos denied they tried 2 get sent off.

Alonso & Ramos both picked up 2nd yellows 4 time-wasting late in Madrid's impressive 4-0 away triumph, meaning they will be suspended 4 wat is now a meaningless game against Auxerre & start the knock-out phase with a clean slate on the bookings front.

The farcical nature of the second bookings, where each player repeatedly stuttered when taking set pieces until referee Craig Thompson had no choice but 2 act, clearly indicated a ploy by the Spanish World Cup winners 2 make early exits once the result - & Madrid's top spot in Group G - was certain.

But Mourinho was not letting on as 2 whether the instruction had come fr the bench, instead deciding 2 criticise Thompson 4 handing out soft yellow cards earlier in the match.

When he was asked abt the red cards, Mourinho said: "I spoke with many players throughout the game, not only with Ramos & Alonso. Stories sell, but the important thing is the 4-0 win & the fantastic game we had. Let's talk abt tat & not other things.''

When quizzed on the subject again, Mourinho said: "The sendings-off came aft an easy game where the referee has shown some strange yellows. They r cards tat I don't like. It was an easy game 2 control. Ajax made a lot of fouls & in the 1st fr Ramos he was shown a yellow card.

"The red cards we picked up don't matter hugely as we hv already qualified ahead of the next game against Auxerre. If Ramos & Alonso can't play against Auxerre then there will be others, but we r not going to gift the game 2 the French. We 1 2 win them all.''

Ramos insisted Madrid did not deliberately seek the cautions 2 get suspensions out of the way b4 the knock-out stages.

Ramos said in AS: "We haven't gone looking 4 the cards. Seeing wat the scoreline was, the referee could hv spared them. But he sent me off & tat's it.''

Mourinho, still unbeaten in his new job, was delighted with the performances of his side's fringe players as Karim Benzema & Alvaro Arbeloa put Madrid 2-0 up @ half-time b4 CR netted a 2nd-half double 2 complete the scoring.

Mourinho, who was without several 1st-team regulars 4 the match, said of the victory: "I'm veri happy, becos we're 1st in our group, which is good bearing in mind practically all the best teams will finish 1st & we k gain a small advantage in the draw 4 the L16.

"I'm veri happy with players such as Arbeloa, Benzema, (Raul) Albiol & Lass (Diarra), who don't normally play & hv responded magnificently. 4 me all the players r fundamental. Everyone is going 2 hv their opportunity. The responses tat they hv given 2day hv been very good. The players r ready 4 everything, & tat makes me happy.''