Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 39 / Power: 0
Nat Nat deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

bro sorry for the confusion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpartner View Post
Thanks Bro!

Now, perhaps what's confusing me is this statement above.

I mean, yes Sgp will "recognize" the woman as Sgp lawful wife, but does that really mean she falls under the protection of the Sgp's Women's Charter? Or only the PRC's law? OR both?

if the law regonise her as a sg lawful wife... YES she IS protected under the sg woman chapter... as whether she is protected under the PRC law, i guess someone who knows the PRC law can answer that..

If what you mean by "entitlement" is that she can go to a Sgp court and apply/appeal for protection given that she is a lawful wife, does that then mean that in an unforseen divorce situation, she is sort of "better off" then the man because she can now "pick and choose" which side of the country's law protect her better, and apply/appeal with that country for better compensation? (Since she is a lawful wife in the eyes of both countries)

Again we do not know about the PRC side, But so long that the divorce is in SG. SHE can apply for wife and child maintenance in SG.

And so, if she is "protected" by BOTH country's law, then my earlier statement on "So, I guess it's obvious that ONLY the PRC's marriage/divorce law apply in this case." is wrong. This is where I like to confirm.
Anyone here know about PRC's marriage law too?
I think my questions can relate to marrying a women from any other countries, not just PRC. In short, which side of the laws (or both?) is applicable?

maybe you can read this link i provide earlier.

http://www.helplinelaw.com/lawyers/i...aintenance.php