Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 44 / Power: 0
Cyber@id deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Satun Thailand

Bro Thailand king

Satun is a small province in southern thailand, (not a island) that borders Malaysia, facing the Andaman Sea. It is situated beside songkhla province (less than 100 km from hty), that possesses renowned picturesque islands with verdant forests and mountainous land. Satun is mostly populated by muslim thai.

Tourists normally visit the pristine islands of Tarutao National Park. Its landscape is full of underwater peaks, excellent beaches, calm and peaceful coves, jungle and mangrove swamps. Snorkelling can be found at Lipe island, while neighbour Adnag island is stunning with forest, hills and waterfalls.

There is a ferry service from Satun to Malaysia (langkawi). Many years back it was a peaceful place where by most of the residents earn living as fisherman and rubber tapper. It's a place to go if you're keen in fishing, other than that I would advice you not to go as it is also one of the "problem" province in southern thailand.

Nothing much really about the night life in Satun, last time I visited it (2-3 years back) there is only one disco, a few pubs and that's about all. Try the famous local fish head noddle in the centre of the town.

For more info, please visit www.satun.go.th

Hope this little bit of info helps.