View Single Post
Old 30-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 148 / Power: 13
99546 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy99546 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadguy2014 View Post
Dear Brothers,

Pls help me find out best solution gain custody for kids and my asserts.

My story as follows:

I am married for 10 years and with 2 kids. One at 8 years(boy) and the other 10 years(gal)

On and off, my wife would have the usual quarrel. This time round I think she wants a divorce. She was chatting with a friend relatives in USA. They never met, but my wife have change totally. She so much wanted a divorce ASAP.
I owe a condo (just 2years) under my name and joint name with my wife for a 4 room HDB (8years)

If we have a divorce, what will be the best plan to gain custody for my 2 kids and property? All of us currently stay in the 10 years EC, we rent out the HDB. All the rental was kept by my wife. My salary was just enough to pay off my Condo loan and daily expenses.

I know my wife have out in effort to bring up the kids, It's just that I can't believe I loose out to a guy which she have not met in person before. I think this idea was brought up by the guy to leave me.

I also have little to blame like not helping out the house chores or neglect her, but we do still have set quite frequently until the appearance of the USA guy.

I hope brothers out there help me to think of a solution for my issue above.

If we divorce, will it be better to sold off the HDB 1st?
If I refuse to divorce, what will the situation become?

Thank you!
Bro Sadguy2014,

If you and your wife still want the relationship.. Both of you can sit down and nicely talk, discuss and also think of your children feelings.. or look for a counsellor.. If really won't work out.. Then both of you can discuss about the share of the flat and maintenance. After that just only need 1 lawyer to help both of you to make divorce arrangement. Then employ 2 lawyers to fight the case.

About the hdb flat.. Is she the owner or occupier? If she the owner, she will get her share.. if she the occupier, did she pay any bills ( example: electrcity ) for the hdb flat before? If she got.. under as occupier, she will get her share more.. All is go by black and white.. if you have evidence.. you won't lose so much..

No matter how you fight.. always the woman win.. Don't do any decision when you in temper..