View Single Post
Old 26-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 437 / Power: 14
ttocaw is a living Saint! - you won't find betterttocaw is a living Saint! - you won't find betterttocaw is a living Saint! - you won't find betterttocaw is a living Saint! - you won't find betterttocaw is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: brothers here who are earning high income

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsfits80 View Post
I’m the other way round. Just went for health check, everything very good, doctor said my health passed with flying colors, even for a mid-30’s in today’s world (compared to some 20 somethings who have wrecked their health big time)

But as a mid-30, I’m just a typical salaryman. I have heard many rags to riches stories but I think those who never made it, are 100x more. In this society, I think only those are already rich can get richer. All the good investment opportunities I’ve come across need you to have a good amount of capital beforehand. Sigh.
Bro, start small.

500 or 1000 can start you off on building your portfolio.

Most important thing is you understand where this 500 or 1000 is going to.

Even in investment, you need to do your homework. There's a lot of reading to do. The bare minimum you need to understand is what your money is doing after you invest.

Is it going to line the pocket of the financial adviser ? or it that 1000 going to work harder for you ?

My very first investment was about $780 sgd. Singpost share , 1 lot. Post credit crisis.

Even when i press the trade button also worry. First time.

Spend your free time reading up about how all these instruments work.

I'm not a guru or anything but over the years, i manage to build up a small portfolio of stocks.

Everytime i buy, is always small amount, max a few k. Always a few hundred here and there that i can scrap together, put aside. Then slowly accumulate.

I'm keeping for dividend. Every year or so, look see a bit, overvalued stuff, sell, got bargain, buy a bit to keep. Get dividend, don't spend, keep it. Then buy more.

Tell yourself these money you don't intend to touch for the next 10-20 years.
It won't happen overnight but eventually you will see your piggy bank grow.

I'm also an average salary man with wife and kids.

Small capital cannot huat big, but no reason why we cannot huat small. hahah