View Single Post
Old 14-06-2018, 03:06 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3782 / Power: 21
seabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond reputeseabass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All Vietnam Related TCSS / Info / Gatherings / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass View Post
Mee Siam mai hum

Salamat hari Raya
Sorry wrong cunt-try. Let me try again.

It was almost 30 years back. A time when the clock stood still. Where they were still hanging roasted dog meat by the street, an old street before the next turn to the airport. I enjoyed all the food the host provided. Like piping hot sweet sour soup infused by the juice of the pineapple. I had this pineapple soup in Thailand the year before but the Khmer’s version is more spicy. During the initial trips, I stayed in district one, and when work was done, I roam the street for food. I was hungry, young, foolish and mostly curious. Being accosted by Pick pocketors do not do me in. Being hit by hep A during a trip did not stop me from taking street food. I savoured the French style baguette, chocked full with chicken pate, Vietnamese vinegarette salad and leaf wrapped ham down with soda jam. At central market, my gf preferred the kaleidoscope dessert offering while I sticked to avocado milkshakes. But they will put all sorts of ingredients like basil seeds that looks like frog eggs inside the desserts to afford so many dimensions of taste. The food there is like having a kamasutra sex. More patterns than badminton. At first it is novel. And then after each subsequent trips there is this habitulization. You touch down to terra cotta n you must satisfy your lust your craving for a certain food. But with all cravings there is a diminishing satisfaction, marginally. Now you need two bowls of pho to appease your satiety. More than that, you cannot help but experience a sense of bourgeoisie. This America friend after we had a sumptuous meal, picked up the tab. Instead of using ‘dollar’, he took out a stack of dongs and asked the waiter to count the money. I not sure till now what exactly do I love to eat in Vietnam, but I have plenty of good memories about a country that has come of age. This Vietnamese old lady, had an overweightec bag and laboured to carry it on the airport tarmac. We had just arrived in the then Budget airport. I can’t bear to see her struggled n offered to carry her ratten bag till the entrance of the building. To show her gratitude, she gave me the best tasting mango I have tried...

Have I told you about Mui-nee?

Last edited by seabass; 14-06-2018 at 03:34 AM.