Old 28-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 9 / Power: 0
Derridamonster is Cool - loads of Potential
Re: 3 Simple rules for Whoremongers.

Hi all, I really like this discussion, so far it faithfully illustrates a lot of mainstream considerations about rightful woman behavior and expectations of the fairer sex. But as Bro WB said, sometimes the lines are blurred, to borrow from D-man, because such lines, or dichotomies are structurally imposed. Meaning to say the standards of behavior may seem to pre-exist us as individuals, hence our tendency to follow them unquestioningly, where in fact they are imposed, not as archetypes but as arbitrary, culturally historically specific guidelines, which may make no sense when taken out of context. My point is that things dont have a precise way of turning out, same way how exact science is not exact science.

But as the wise Samster has said(and I do believe he speaks from accumulated experience), more often than not things do follow stereotypes, hence his advice for bros not to get hurt.

But no matter, prostitution has captured the imagination of film makers, artistes and writers for many generations, precisely because they exist in a place, which defies a neat means of categorization. When is a fuck only a fuck? I agree that sexual intimacy and sexual transactions exist at diff polar ends, but dont they cross all too often?

In ways more than one, whoring is a strange and frightening thing, because it threatens the status quo, such as the stability of the nuclear family, and the rightful roles of women. Yet as many of us have surely experienced, it can also be a beautiful thing, both in terms of sexual gratification and, maybe an intense, but brief flirtatious encounter, maybe even a tinge of romance.

The wisdom to be taken from all these is, as the Bros have said, u must be AWARE that u are banging a sex worker, a potentially dangerous and deceitful person, because it is likely that her circumstances have groomed her into such a person. But every once in a while, when we're lucky, we get to experience something that is perhaps, more real and valuable than a lot of other things.

EDIT: once in a while we get to believe we are lean mean fucking machines, but hey, lust is only a portion of desire.