Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 48 / Power: 0
anathem deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: 3 Simple rules for Whoremongers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derridamonster View Post
Hi all, I really like this discussion, so far it faithfully illustrates a lot of mainstream considerations about rightful woman behavior and expectations of the fairer sex.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH!!!

Never would have thought I'd see the day when a fellow Samster's nick is a direct reference to the late great man who gave the world a gem as sublime as "différance", but there you are! Hey, perhaps I should have bequeathed a nicer moniker to this handle, like "Foucault_Pouvoir" or something, Hahaha! But you know what they say about the utility of hindsight. 20/20 vision: It's a temporary illusion you enjoy with the burden of a conveniently invoked history.

Hi Bro, you took a lot of time, effort and words to put very nicely what is plainly (and unthinkingly) obvious to the assembled whoremonger crowd here. I definitely like some of the points you introduced and how you slipped them in, like the intrusion of a "beautiful" or "romantic" element and all. Even though I don't quite buy that line of thinking, most of the times, the kind of characterization you see around these parts is a lot more crass, and a lot less subtle. Nevertheless, I can't but help feel if you're over-romanticizing things a wee little bit. Perhaps you are giving the whole social practice of prostitution a little bit more gloss, shine and mystique than it rightly deserves. And in any case, Singapore today is hardly the Paris of 1968, if you know what I mean. I cannot deny that there is a complicated socio-political dimension involved (no point debating that here because nobody is really interested anyway) but seriously, there are better avenues to take and more pertinent battles to take on if one wishes to question the fundamental soundness and truth of what is dominant, accepted or "mainstream" (i.e. the reproduced "reality" that we call "life"). Commercial sex? Ahem...

I agree with all that you said. In theory. Meet enough whores in real life and you just learn to be a lot more circumspect. Then again, I do ask myself why am I even participating in activities that belittle and demean the female gender, that reduces women to the level of simple sex objects while reinforcing certain patriarchal notions of what womanhood is and how women ought to behave. What kind of excuse can someone in a position to exploit continue to extol, before inviting a serious amount of derision and mockery? It never ends. Anyway, I hope you do find what you're looking for with your commercial sex escapades. Just don't go looking for the wrong things in the wrong places and you would probably be fine. Have fun.