Thread: Issue with ICA
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Samster (B)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 534 / Power: 0
Lone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAvAnAs View Post
it really depends bro.. heard of many cases, married liao, even have kids, also can't get PR for the wife.. not to be mean or what, but it really boils down to both husband and wife the income and education level and how they can contribute to the economy of Singapore.

very good example is one of my buddy who didn't have much education and now marry a overseas wife who also never really study much, and my buddy is doing own small business which has no CPF contribution and has other income which cannot be declared one... until now after they have 3 kids, wife still unable to get PR.. LL always have to go extend LTVP
Actually no education is not really an obstacle to getting PR..... it is no MONEY that is the problem.

One of my men had only Sec 2 education level..... when his 6 yr contract with the SAF ended.... they did not want to recontract him so he became a hawker.
After slogging at his Newton circus stall for many years he got married to a Thai divorcee from the province who also had low education...... but because he owns several landed properties and had money in the banks...... his wife & her son from a previous marriage were granted PR status within a year of their application. Even my guy was surprised at their approval and later I found out he was advised by his grassroots adviser to submit a Statutory Declaration of his assets and bank statements together with his wife / stepson applications to the ICA.

In Singapore..... when you have money..... anything is possible.