View Single Post
Old 17-06-2018, 11:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future
Arrow Chiang Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman007 View Post
true true.......even China now also so expensive, gone are those days in CP. But CM at least allow me to bring my own duty free bottle of whisky and only pay corkage 100 baht plus mixer.
China no need to say.
Now foreigners are kena priced out by rich PRC big bosses and cheongsters.

My last trip to Chiang Mai aka LOL (Land Of Lanna) was in 2005.
Yes that's how long I've not stepped into LOL.

Maybe things may have changed now but back then I can just bring my own DFS bottle into any club or restaurant and just have to pay for mixers and ice.
No corkage fees required and in fact the servers are quite bewildered when I asked about corkage fees 555!
You can't do that in Bangkok as the corkage fees are costly.

Another thing I love about Chiang Mai is most cheong places are walkable (must be SAF trained lah).
Once touch down CNX I can just take a short leisure walk to Central Plaza (Chiang Mai Airport) to have a cheap meal at the food court before heading into the city center to check-in at hotel.
Don't have to deal with the bastard rip off tuk tuks/taxis prevalent all over Southeast Asia.

And also not forgetting the fantastic Lanna food with herb ingredients!

Chiang Mai is indeed a good place to chill (not cheong WL puyings lah) and retire.
Mountain views, fresh air, spaciousness and laid back lifestyle.

Anyway as some a**hole joker who has MIA (maybe still lurking 555) said I'm out of touch with Thailand so it's better to let those on the ground to do most of the talking lah 555.

Last edited by TonyCheong2; 17-06-2018 at 11:52 PM.