View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 574 / Power: 20
_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgenre
Notice how all ten of your best players are white men? It's something that we forget nowadays. Football then was more racist than currently.

I was reading a book about Liverpool ten years back. When John Barnes (my fav player) first got into the team, the racists will throw a banana onto the field just as he is about to take a corner. In spite of all this racism and the quality of the Liverpool team then, John Barnes won Player of the Season TWICE! Granted Steven G won it thrice and hopefully more times!

I dun think that's fowler's best goal right? His hat-trick against Seaman(sounds like Semen) in less than 5 mins is still the fastest hat trick record in the EPL. Unlikely to be topped in my opinion.

I like Ian Rush too but he's a finisher like Horse-face (Van Nisterol). I like creative players more than finishers.

Try www.liverpoolfc.tv. The online shop should have the DVD.
bro xgenre, sharp eyes u have. didnt realise that myself. but coming to think of it, didnt really like john barnes and pls dont expect me to put in michael thomas just to be politically correct. pls dont mention paul ince cos any player who has ever donned a man u jersey does not deserve to be on my list.

that goal by robbie fowler was my personal favourite cos it came at a time when the papers were raving about gary neville's performance for england and the new man u supporters (the scum of the earth) were really unbearable. i wonder how many actually jumped ship to support chelski these past 2 seasons.

fowler's hat-trick was achieved in 4min 37sec, i think. ian rush was worth every penny to liverpool for the fact that i cant remember him not scoring when playing against the toffees.

i know liverpool website has the DVD but very expensive leh. i was told shops in sg were selling for $40 but i cant seem to find anywhere. ask those kids manning the DVD shops also useless. 1 at jurong point actually told me: "liverpool dont have, got man u one. u want?" anyone has a second-hand one to let go? i m willing to pay the original price for it.