View Single Post
Old 25-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2434 / Power: 19
escobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

"Just got to read that speech now. Its 9.30 on a grey autumnal Wednesday morning and I want to climb that mountain.

What a truly inspirational guy Klopp really is. There's far bigger, more important, challenges than football in this world and I've no doubt Klopp would not only relish taking them on, but meeting them. To Jurgen, nothing is impossible.

I wasn't around for the Shankly era but everything I've heard, read and watched of Shanks is inspiring. His absolute connection to the club, his vision to re-energise and elevate the club, his determination to succeed at and with this club, his passion for the club, for his players, for the fans.

Klopp is Shankly MkII. This is not being dismissive in any way of Bob or Kenny or any of our other managers. But Bob and Kenny were insiders, ingrained in the club and came to power when we were pretty much a superpower domestically & in Europe.

Shanks & Klopp were outliers, outsiders who were handed a stale, stagnant, if not basket case of a club. And man, did they set about transformation with a conviction most people could not even contemplate. The passion, the energy, the belief, the connection...all in common with both great men.

I often regretted that I didn't live through the Shankly era to experience such a powerful force first hand.

I,..and all of us... are privileged to live through the Klopp era and experience this powerful force first hand.
"

Lifted from social media, written by a wise Liverpool fan. I could not have said it better myself