View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1388 / Power: 21
imom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud of
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

*Snigger Snigger*

Ferguson Tells Players To Ignore Mourinho
Mon 11 Dec, 6:09 PM

Sir Alex Ferguson has hit back at Jose Mourinho's title taunts by claiming Manchester United will only be in trouble if they spend too much time listening to the Chelsea boss.

Despite failing to beat Arsenal at Stamford Bridge yesterday, a result which left the back-to-back Barclays Premiership title winners eight points adrift of the league leaders, Mourinho claimed Ferguson and his team "would be in trouble" if they thought the championship battle was over.

A veteran of eight Premiership triumphs during his 20 illustrious years at Old Trafford, Ferguson is far too canny to let his focus be deflected by pointed comments coming out of the opposition camp.

And, at the launch of Manchester United's official 850-page Opus, Ferguson provided the perfect response to Mourinho's jibes.

"We will only be in trouble if we listen to Jose too much," said Ferguson, whose side are looking to prevent Mourinho emulating the Scot by becoming only the second manager to preside over three successive English title wins.

"I won't be letting the players fall into the trap of thinking it's won because all we have done is given ourselves a foundation. There are many hurdles to be navigated in the run-in.

"To win the league, you have to have great consistency, particularly around March and April. Historically, we have done okay at that time of the year.

"All championship races are difficult, but the real test comes on the run-in when any mistake can cost you everything.

"That will be the test for us. I am sure it will be ourselves and Chelsea but I am sure we will last the distance."

Meanwhile, Ferguson expressed his sympathy for sacked West Ham boss Alan Pardew.

Ferguson believes the decision is indicative of the pressure managers are under in the modern game.

He said: "Football is unfortunate in that it is a kind of industry where failure is quickly decided upon. I'm sorry to hear it, I don't like anyone losing their job."

Ferguson hopes Pardew's reign will be remembered for the good times, including last season's dramatic FA Cup run, which culminated in a dramatic final against Liverpool in May.

"At least he can be satisfied he did his best, gave West Ham great memories of the FA Cup final and came within a minute of winning it," Ferguson said.

"I'm sad for him - it is not an easy situation for the lad."

Schrodinger's Cat - A girl's skills are both good and bad until one makes an observation. Then she becomes either 'good' or 'bad'. The observation thus determines the result