Old 19-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 27 / Power: 0
keowteow deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Reputation system update

I respectfully submit to you that there is a difference. When a person get zap (& rewarded) for taking a position on something (u pointed to my thread on Ronaldo) Yes, I got rewarded but I could also be punished - there were cases too (in fact happened today). Fair enough...

However, the situation I have brought to your attention is when a person got zapped because some fellow does not want me to post a FR because he has a ongoing problem with someone else. And him/clone continiously harrassed me... Obviously the goal is to stop me (or anyone to the matter of fact) from saying anything nice. If I had said something negative, I would probably have benefited from it. I would have played into their hands, if I had done so...

One has to take the context into discussion, and if you do and look at it objectively - these actions only discourages ppl from posting their geniune opinions and experiences (and it seems that you agree too), which is contary to the objective of your forum.

So these ppl continues to flourish because they are "protected", and conduct left unchecked. Whatever would happen to the quality of post here? If this is not gangsterism - what is? All I am asking is that you look into it.

If you are not interested in an intellectual discussion on this topic, then lets not. I thought you were because of the incredible effort put into the rep system and besides being (mildly) encouraged by some of your responses on this topic too - I posted my opinion.

I had grey cards in my User CP and I am not sure what it meant but I saw my points dropped, I remember distinctively I had 26 points before all these started, I got 5 points added and am still 26 points - so nett I lost 5 not 2 as you are telling me. Not that it's important - but maybe this is another bug in your system?