View Single Post
Old 26-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
Anyone might kindly provide a recent and precise update about the current situation about registering SIM cards in Batam?

Last May (duly reported here), my experience was "complex", so to speak. I had to go two times to Grapari to get my two SIM cards registered with my passport and working.

I undestand from some recent posts that the situation is better now? did the simplify the procedure? No more need to register the SIM for us foreigners?
Any difference depending on the operator?
I bought a Telkomsel sim card from the shop below at Harbour Bay. The boy on the right hand side of the photo (he speaks broken English) tells me now Telkomsel sim card sold in his shop no need to register and will last as long as i top it up (like in the past). Other sim card/s like the IM3 sim card etc i bought few months ago will last for one month and will expire if i do not register.

...and by the way,there is another thing you might wish to take note...

...the old Horizon Ferry counter in Harbour Bay has shut down.

However,you can still find their new counter on....

...and they have downsized their counter size. So i see longer waiting queue.

Take the escalator up 2nd floor after you comes out of the arrival area,and you will see the ever popular Malaya Cafe Restaurant,Horizon ferry counter is just round the corner,hehehe...if you look hard enough.

Photo of the above were taken on the 2nd floor from the escalator,hehehe...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info