View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 484 / Power: 21
raiders is a glorious beacon of lightraiders is a glorious beacon of lightraiders is a glorious beacon of lightraiders is a glorious beacon of lightraiders is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingViet View Post
Yo bro,

Going to your gf's province during CNY is HIGH EXPENSE leh. This is from a few years of experience. You better prepare lots of 50,000 VND and 100,000 VND notes on standby. Basically, you will become their GOD OF FORTUNE. If you are lucky, only half the village will come meet you. I remember my first CNY in my wife's province, i spent more than S$700. But of course, it included lots of ang pao and also buying things for my in-laws. (amount excluded ang pao to my parents-in-law and also transportation cost). If you plan to rent a car to go the province, you better ask your gf to book the car now. If too late, no car for rental. Depending on how far is your gf's province, the car rental cost can be up to S$200 or more.
Yo brother, I know must spend some money during this trip. But dont't worry too much. Her parents knows Im not rich ma. Her province is a more well to do one (As I was typing this, my gf told me her province is a CITY, not a province) And for a family who can spend about 25k to send her here to Singapore to study, I dont think they are the needy type.

Last edited by raiders; 07-01-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Put colour inside