Thread: Skills future
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 09:16 AM
Samster (A)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4089 / Power: 15
ilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Skills future

Bobby on the other hand, finally felt the full impact of what just happened on him. He started laughing again as he knelt down beside his car. He was literally crying and laughing, unable to believe how ridiculous this evening has been for him.

Conor, concerned that the client is unwell, started asking if he is ok, if he needed him to get him water.

Bobby’s trembling fingers could not even light a cigarette and I watched Conor do it for him.

I set the talkie down on the boot of a car and slowly backed away.
Ok, doesn’t look like anyone is going to get stab tonight.

Walking hurriedly towards the bus stop, I saw the vehicle from JDC turning into the carpark. I broke into a run towards the petrol station and I did not stop until I’m far enough away from the food centre.

Stopping when I’m at the bottom of an old railway bridge near King Albert station, I turned and looked towards where I just came from.

It started with a chuckle initially, then it evolved into an all-out laugh. I laughed and laughed so hard that I was clutching my tummy and attracting stares from passerbys. That was fucking ridiculous.

When I recovered, I started walking along Bukit Timah road towards my place.
The walk back gave me time to organise my thoughts.

I could not believe what happened.

It’s mind blowing.

I literally saved someone’s life, can you believe this ?

The feeling that was coursing through my veins cannot be described. It’s pure, undiluted elation. The concentrated hit of dopamine being released in my head felt so good.

I started to think about the paper. I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know how this shit works but the newspaper has proven what it’s written time and again.

The lottery, the debt collection, the light up at Orchard road.
Right about then, I find myself staring at a neighbourhood police centre near Botanic garden.

Suddenly, a face came to mind.

A face from an article I read.

Officer Sulyani.

I got back to my place and the security guard waved to me as I walked in totally drenched in perspiration.

“Yoz Mr Jerry. Super fit man..” He said, thinking I just came back from a workout.

“Hi Uncle Ang, had your dinner already? “

He nodded and gestured to his cup of coffee. Something that he needs after his meal for him to last through the night.
“Any plans for the weekend ? “ he asked as I strolled past the guardhouse.

I turned and started walking backwards on the narrow path leading into the development.

Looking at Uncle Ang, I smiled and replied.

“Yeah… i’m going to be a superhero tomorrow I think.. “

“ Really ? hahah” He chuckled in the same way a benevolent grandfather does while joking with his grandchildren. “fighting crimes ?? “

I shook my head with a smug smile.

“ No… Saving lives”

………………..