Thread: Udon Thani
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 301 / Power: 23
ghafarbaba is one of the Best!ghafarbaba is one of the Best!ghafarbaba is one of the Best!ghafarbaba is one of the Best!
Re: Udon Thani

Was in Udon for a few days, my first time in Issan.

Day and Night complex – 300b bar fine, 2500b for LT
Actually I didn’t even discuss payment with the girl, I just gave her 2500b because she was so enthusiastic and she seemed very happy. I ended up taking the same girl the entire 3 days I was there. There are maybe 25 bars here. I would rate most of the ladies 5.0/10 or lower, but there were at least 3 girls in their early 20s that I rate 7.0/10, these 3 claim to hv been working in the bar for a few weeks. The one I took was probably telling the truth, her hands were still rough, like she does a lot of manual labour. Another pretty one (7.5/10) was probably in her mid-20s, but she would only do ST for 1500b. Check out Honey Bar, Copper Bar, Havana Bar right at the back and the 2 bars just before Havana.

Nutty Park complex – similar to Day and Night but only around 15 bars here. This complex seem to hv a bigger proportion of pretty girls, but that’s a matter of taste. As you walk in off Prajak Rd, there are 5(?) bars on the left. There’s a pretty one at the first bar next to the Good Corner restaurant, but I also saw police officers sitting there on at least 2 nights so I gave it a miss. There are 2 sort of pretty ones at the 3rd bar but the very chatty one (mid to late 20s?) would only do ST. The 4th bar had 2 pretty ones but they looked surly so I didn’t go in. At the end of the lane turn right, there are more bars there, there’s another pretty one at Sky Bar(?).

Fun Bar – this bar next to @Home Hotel is usually packed, probably because of the cheap beer (50b for Singha I think), pretty girls (I think 2 of them are 7.5/10) and the guitarist. Didn’t manage to bar fine from here.

Lucky Bar(?) – this is on Soi Samphan just north of the Day and Night complex. There are 2 pretty ones here, but they don’t look happy so I didn’t try.

Tawan Daeng (corner of Watthananuwong Rd and Thikhananon Rd) – it looked like many of the patrons are bar girls who come here after the bars closed. Might be a good place to pick up a LT if you didn’t find one earlier. Though I hv no idea how you’re going to talk to anyone over the concussion inducing EDM! OK, OK it’s probably not that loud and I’m just old!

Tiny hostess bar (Adulyadej Rd, opp Soi 5 junction?) – I read that there were very pretty girls at this higher end hostess bar but it was closed when I got there about 9pm.

Food
Lots of street food at the night markets near the train station.
At night, there are also stalls that set up just outside to the right of Central Plaza. Food is good but the selection is not as big as the stalls near the train station.
Krua Rada Thai Restaurant on Prajak Rd, turn right as you walk out of Central Plaza. It’s airconditioned and has wifi. Prices are cheap, rice with 2 toppings is 40b-50b. Best of all, they hv Thai desserts! Look for the yellow sighboard.