View Single Post
Old 20-09-2006, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1407 / Power: 0
Cheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud of
Re: Arsenal FC @ Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Wenger - We've been without title for too long

Arsène Wenger believes Arsenal have been without the Premiership title for too long.

The Club were last proclaimed champions in 2004 but, since then, Chelsea have twice finished top.

Arsenal started the season slowly but they trumpeted their title credentials on Sunday with a 1-0 win at Manchester United on Sunday. Speaking before the match, Arsène Wenger suggested his side would be serious contenders this term.

"It is a challenge because we have just moved into the new stadium,” he said. “But we have not won the championship for two years and I find it quite long.

"We are a very young side and we are very good as well. We have dominated games but we want to add that ruthlessness which makes a big team.

“Before we suffered in some games but we could turn them in our favour. At the moment we look like we are dominating every team, but we really want to finish teams off."

The manager is approaching the 10th anniversary of his appointment. He was asked what ambitions he had left.

“My next goal is to win the championship and the Champions League in the same year,” he replied.

“And if possible in 2007,” he added with smile.