The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List
Driver

Old 27-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitecrawllerr View Post
The kepiting dont taste cheap leh. 250k a kg.
i am not exactly a sea food person (i take veggies more than seafood tho),so in Batam,i am likely to have a mis-conception of the sea food prices,i mean..since most of the time (90% time),i dont order any sea food at all,hehehe...so the concept of whats cheap or whats expensive for sea food wont cross my mind. I gauged at most time mainly on what the amount of dollar used to fill a person per meal,hehehe... (eat to live kind)

This type below is my kind of food...

...and the price for an order of 3 person shares of food ate by 2.

Its a newly opened small food store inside Harbour Bay mall on the 1st floor.

Then again,not that their food is fantastically good like those in Marine Live,Mickey Mouse,Bento Tei etc,hehehe...at the least,they are good enough for the price i paid for.

Overall edible rating base on my own taste,i would say 6/10. If i am hungry and happens to be in the area,i will eat from that same store above again (as compare to Jco which is just a min walk away),but the food they serve isnt the kind whereby i will specially go there just to return-to-eat kind,hehehe...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Old 27-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Samster

nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

As mentioned before (and again),i am no sea food person due to some slight allergies,so whenever i notice some appetizing food,i just share them here like this place which start operating around Sept 2017. Its called D'Steam Peranakan Live Seafood...

Their food looks good,or was it the photographer who is good? Hehehe....anyway,below are the food i am unlikely to be having. Which is why i hide it under the spoiler button,hehehe...

( Click to show/hide )

Pricing wise should not be all that bad,since i hear that their price for small portion of each dish ranges between 25k to 120k rupiah,bigger portion can cost around 200k to 300k rupiah tho. Since they just started no longer than a year...i dont think they will start jacking up their prices as yet,hehehe...well,just look at their location,not very centralized.

If you know where is Delta Spa,if you know where is Grand I-hotel,then you should be able to locate Seruni Hotel,hehehe...its behind it. And if you are too lazy like me who often stays in Formosa (which is also in the map above), then you might wish to use Go-Food to have their food delivered to your hotel,hehehe...

Here's my favourite food if i am there with the menu on my hands...

(mushroom meatballs and chicken)

...and tho i seldom take vegetables in most of meals in Batam,i surely wont reject this one below tho,hehehe...who knows,i might just push away those veges and pick up ONLY those mushrooms? Hehehe...

...below are some photos of the restaurant dining environment.

I dont exactly understand whats written on the above photo tho,since its in Bahasa. This restaurant serves Peranakan type of food.

And who are the Peranakans?

(if you wish to read some history,click on the spoiler button below)

( Click to show/hide )

The term ‘Peranakan’ is commonly known as ‘local born’ or ‘local descendants’ and is thought to have been used by the local people of the Straits Settlement and Malay Archipelagos to address foreign immigrants whom established families and businesses in the Straits of Southeast Asia.

During the late nineteenth century, Chinese communities who settled in Southeast Asia adopted the term Peranakan to distinguish themselves from the new immigrants, whom they referred to as Sinkeh (new guest) or, in Indonesia, as totok (migrant). More specifically, male descendants were called Babas and female descendants Nyonyas while senior females were recognized as Bibiks. Most of these descendants, although retaining their Chinese beliefs, also adopted local indigenous lifestyles. Thus, giving birth to the unique practices of the Peranakans and even their own variation of the Malay language called Baba Malay.

While the term Peranakan is most commonly used among the ethnic Chinese for those of Chinese descent also known as Straits Chinese, there are also other, comparatively small Peranakan communities, such as Indian Hindu Peranakans (Chitty), Indian Muslim Peranakans (Jawi Pekan) and Eurasian Peranakans.

A large part of Peranakan customs comes from traditional beliefs inherited from their Chinese ancestors. Their strict observance of these beliefs sometimes supplants even the Chinese themselves.

The family unit is an important facet of the Peranakans, and family members within the same tree can usually be found living under one roof much like their Chinese counterparts.

Nevertheless, the true feature that defines the Peranakans is their ability to embrace modern thinking. For instance, unlike the traditional Chinese who in the past, favored male offspring, Peranakans deemed both sons and daughters equal rights to the family fortune.

A large part of Peranakan customs comes from traditional beliefs inherited from their Chinese ancestors. Their strict observance of these beliefs sometimes supplants even the Chinese themselves.

The family unit is an important facet of the Peranakans, and family members within the same tree can usually be found living under one roof much like their Chinese counterparts.

Nevertheless, the true feature that defines the Peranakans is their ability to embrace modern thinking. For instance, unlike the traditional Chinese who in the past, favored male offspring, Peranakans deemed both sons and daughters equal rights to the family fortune.

Peranakan food is probably the most diverse and distinctive of all local cuisines. A marriage of cooking styles, Nyonya cuisines combine the preparation techniques of both traditional Chinese and Malay cooking. This unusual marriage gives Nyonya cuisine its distinctive taste, filled with exciting flavours from the use of local herbs and spices, and more often than not spicier and hotter than Chinese food.

A typical Nyonya kitchen would not be without condiments like turmeric, ginger, galangal shallots, chives and shrimp paste. Lemon, limes, tamarinds, green mangoes, citrus leaves and coconut milk are also used to up the epicurean experience. Rempah, an exciting blend of ingredients pounded together in a mortar and cooked in oil to release its flavour is used for a variety of dishes. It’s this special combination that sets Peranakan food apart from the rest. And because of their ingenuity to improvise traditional dishes with spices and herbs, Peranakans have produced tasty local treats like achar, curry fish in banana leaves, buah keluak, chendol, Nyonya kuehs and many other delights.

Last but not least, the Peranakan culture shares great nostalgia and significance to our local communities in Singapore, and is an attraction for many of our foreign visitors who wish to discover and experience the unique Southeast Asian culture.

This D'Steam Peranakan Live Seafood reminds me of the other Peranakan restaurant near the Batam Indian temple (Pura Agung Amerta Bhuana).

Hehehe....i have taken out the Ramadan Link from my signature.

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 27-06-2018, 10:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 411 / Power: 9
BFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post

I dont know what vege is that,but those who knew me well enough knows in most of my Batam meals (and in Singapore too) do not have vegetables,hehehe...but only in Batam will i not turn down this plate of vegetable on your stated photo above.

In fact,the vegetable on your photo is my 1st plate of vegetable i have tried in Batam. I shown my family members the photo you posted,they were also surprise i willing ate that kind of vegetables too (they laughed).
that's kangkong belacan 马来风光
Common dish in any restaurant
Old 27-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Samster

BFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Quote:
During my Dumai trip i saw this in Selat Panjang. This RORO (Roll-On-Roll-Off) let islanders travel with their own bike between islanda.
Old 28-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Samster

Have been looking high and low for a couple of hours few days back looking for a hotel/resort that suits me most and i STILL end up in Formosa hotel (wtf!),hehehe...but nonetheless,i found something that could be worthy of my time.

Remember SBS resort that cost 1.5 juta? Remember that Blue Mountain Kelong that cost around S$400 (or more)? And then there is this Montigo Resort that cost about S$350 plus too? Yes, having got some experience in Batam already,i am looking for my definition of a perfect place in Batam to have my holiday,hehehe...here's the one thats "almost perfect".

Quote:
Woda Villa & Spa

Why this resort? Hehehe...becos...

The price i got from Agoda is S$110.00 excluding their +10%+11% charges,so tentatively,the closer price should be about S$135.00,hehehe...too expensive for a night stay? Please read on...hehehe...

S$135.00 which i checked is for the higher end room called Signature Villa. And what kind and type of room am i getting by opting for the 2nd best? The room for paying about S$135 is below :

...on top of it,i also getting my very own private pool IN THE ROOM!!! Hehehe...

For those who didnt know, I have been looking at Batam hotels over the last few years and if it didnt cross my mind wrong,Montigo Resort is the ONLY place where there will be a private pool inside my own room,hehehe...but how much is that gonna cost me? S$350 or more? And not to count in the distance of traveling from Harbour Bay to Nongsa...and my time cost? Hehehe...

Being fickle minded at times,i might not like a private pool in my own room in every single trip. Well,how many of us actually go to Batam to swim anyway...maybe once a very blue moon,hehehe...so there is a 2nd option, i can take a room with a shared pool (called Suite Villa)....

...at an about 10% 15% lesser,hehehe...there is actually another higher range one that has a bath tub tho and another range with lakeviews.

Hehehe....now what is left would be this place's location. Where exactly is this hotel resort then?

Its near to the Golden Prawn Sea food restaurant area and if you look at the map closer,it is not too far away from Nagoya area too. At least in distance wise,its still way shorter than going to Montigo Resort. Imagine the taxi fare for starter,hehehe....

Hmm...if i am going to stay there in my future Batam trips,there is one little question i would like to ask this Woda Villa & Spa management.

Can i start fishing in the lake outside the resort room i stayed in?

From what i read,this hotel resort isnt exactly popular right now, since they just started beginning of 2018,hehehe...

...below is a video taken (not by me) during the CNY period,i guess...hehehe...

Now that i have got SBS Resort Info here :

https://sbf.net.nz/showpost.php?p=17...ostcount=10996

https://sbf.net.nz/showpost.php?p=17...ostcount=10997

...and then Pulau Mencaras and Pulau Tunjuk info here :

https://sbf.net.nz/showpost.php?p=17...ostcount=10984

https://sbf.net.nz/showthread.php?p=...9#post17473849

...followed by D'Steam Peranakan Live Seafood :

https://sbf.net.nz/showpost.php?p=17...ostcount=11028

Just keeping tabs and records of informations i might need in future.

Cheers!

*note that rates and prices stated may change during different season/s of the year

Adding on 3 more photos that covers up most blind spots of the resort :

*quote-locking my post to prevent others from quoting my whole long post

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Last edited by nono1973; 28-06-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 28-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 859 / Power: 14
ndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to behold

Waterland Top 100 Batu Aji

Siao liao more and more like retired family man...
This is NOT Healthy !

Last edited by ndnd; 28-06-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 28-06-2018, 10:07 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 92 / Power: 11
mygirly deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnd View Post

Waterland Top 100 Batu Aji

Siao liao more and more like retired family man...
This is NOT Healthy !
Wanting to go there for sometime.
How much is the entrance fees?
Tks
Old 28-06-2018, 10:38 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 11720 / Power: 22
nitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond reputenitecrawllerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i am not exactly a sea food person (i take veggies more than seafood tho),so in Batam,i am likely to have a mis-conception of the sea food prices,i mean..since most of the time (90% time),i dont order any sea food at all,hehehe...so the concept of whats cheap or whats expensive for sea food wont cross my mind. I gauged at most time mainly on what the amount of dollar used to fill a person per meal,hehehe... (eat to live kind)

This type below is my kind of food...

Ayam penyet. My favourite. I really miss the one at 1st floor former Top100 penuin. The sambal sedap! Any idea where they shifted to?

http://batamnews.co.id/foto_berita/6...nuin-tutup.jpg

Thank you
Old 29-06-2018, 12:37 AM
Samster

ndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirly View Post
Wanting to go there for sometime.
How much is the entrance fees?
Tks
Weekdays 35k
Weedend 55k
Children below Height 80cm free

Food stall inside:
Bakso 15k
Cup noodles 8k
Mineral water 5k
Marlboro 28k

Not a good period to go now, school holiday. Very crowded.

Last edited by ndnd; 29-06-2018 at 02:14 AM.
Old 29-06-2018, 12:42 AM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 92 / Power: 11
mygirly deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnd View Post
Weekdays 350k
Weedend 550k
Children below Height 80cm free

Food stall inside:
Bakso 15k
Cup noodles 8k
Mineral water 5k
Marlboro 28k

Not a good period to go now, school holiday. Very crowded.
Thank you 👍
Old 29-06-2018, 02:15 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirly View Post
Thank you 👍
Earlier typo. Corrected the price.
Should be 35k weekdays and 55k weekend.
Old 29-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Samster

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1129 / Power: 22
lurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud of

Can kind Bros pls recommend the most ideal way to get to Nagoya hill from Bintan resorts ? I'm going for a run there n wish to come over to batam for massage n food after the run in Bintan.. thanks very much in advance..! 😊
Old 29-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 333 / Power: 15
cleyeo is one of the Best!cleyeo is one of the Best!cleyeo is one of the Best!cleyeo is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpsexx View Post
Can kind Bros pls recommend the most ideal way to get to Nagoya hill from Bintan resorts ? I'm going for a run there n wish to come over to batam for massage n food after the run in Bintan.. thanks very much in advance..! 😊
Bintan Resort ?. in Bintan Island ? then going to Nagoya Hill ?
Old 29-06-2018, 11:53 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpsexx View Post
Your resort should have transportation to Tanjung Pinang for shopping.
From there you can take ferry to Punggur (Batam) but this take long way and time.

Faster way,(but expensive)
hire taxi to Tanjung Uban
take speed boat (regular) to Punggur.

Welcome to batam
Old 29-06-2018, 11:55 PM
Samster

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1129 / Power: 22
lurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud oflurpsexx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleyeo View Post
Bintan Resort ?. in Bintan Island ? then going to Nagoya Hill ?
Ya. Go for run then go over to batam la...

I know got route, but merry go round. Trying to get most direct route. Bintan is desert for R&r..
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1