The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 28-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 916 / Power: 21
jackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to behold
Re: HIV screening info

Guys.. went to polyclinic just now cause of some leg injury but by the way i asked the doctor already..

It will take 2 weeks to get the results if u chose to get it done in polyclinics.

I still left 11 days to 3 months.. doctor say i should wait 2 more weeks...
Old 28-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 254 / Power: 19
juswan2knwu is one of the Best!juswan2knwu is one of the Best!juswan2knwu is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackylee View Post
didnt know polyclinic got instant ones...

btw one more question...

there's left like 10 more days to my full 3 months.. u guys think if i go for checkup tml better or wait for the 10 days?
Of cse, after 10 days. Tat's the earliest time oredi & still nt neccessarily accurate. Min period 4 an infected body 2 develop HIV anti-bodies is 3 mths, some may even tak 6 mths to a yr 2 develop.

I suggest U chk a few days after 3 mths. Dun go on the dot @ 3 mths, its nt lik the virus gt appt w/ U & the anti-virus will die-die develop in 3 mths, rite?

2 hav a better peace of mind, go 4 another test 3 mths after U gt yr 1st result which is usually 2 wks after U went 4 yr test. Its a bit troublesome but if U live w/ yr family, esp. if U hav a wife or gf, its gd 4 every1 living under the same roof. In the meantime, always use a condom.

BTW, as Boss has always said, when we engaged in commercial sex, we R always @ risk of kana these harzards. Do go 4 frequent chks, lik once in a mth or once every 3-mths. (Rem. cing a thread where a 1 samster claims he go 4 chkup once every forenite!!) Most SIDs & STDs k be treated or @ least ctrl, the earlier U seek treatment, the easier & higher chances of curing them. Gd luk 2 U.
Old 28-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Samster

jackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to beholdjackylee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by juswan2knwu View Post
Of cse, after 10 days. Tat's the earliest time oredi & still nt neccessarily accurate. Min period 4 an infected body 2 develop HIV anti-bodies is 3 mths, some may even tak 6 mths to a yr 2 develop.

I suggest U chk a few days after 3 mths. Dun go on the dot @ 3 mths, its nt lik the virus gt appt w/ U & the anti-virus will die-die develop in 3 mths, rite?

2 hav a better peace of mind, go 4 another test 3 mths after U gt yr 1st result which is usually 2 wks after U went 4 yr test. Its a bit troublesome but if U live w/ yr family, esp. if U hav a wife or gf, its gd 4 every1 living under the same roof. In the meantime, always use a condom.

BTW, as Boss has always said, when we engaged in commercial sex, we R always @ risk of kana these harzards. Do go 4 frequent chks, lik once in a mth or once every 3-mths. (Rem. cing a thread where a 1 samster claims he go 4 chkup once every forenite!!) Most SIDs & STDs k be treated or @ least ctrl, the earlier U seek treatment, the easier & higher chances of curing them. Gd luk 2 U.
Very agree with you. As long commercial sex is in the story, there will always be risks.

Yup, exactly 2 weeks later that Saturday is 2 days after my window period of 3 months. Think will go on that Sat at AFA for HIV and Syphilis (30 dollars for both) which i will go for a full scan round August (take leave from work) at DSC... herpes... hiv.. everything.....
Old 29-04-2007, 02:29 AM
Samster

juswan2knwu is one of the Best!juswan2knwu is one of the Best!juswan2knwu is one of the Best!

Quote:
Guys.. went to polyclinic just now cause of some leg injury but by the way i asked the doctor already..

It will take 2 weeks to get the results if u chose to get it done in polyclinics.

I still left 11 days to 3 months.. doctor say i should wait 2 more weeks...
Tk he quoted U the standard 1 which is why it tak 2 wks. Mine then was an instant 1 as tat polyclinic hse a lab (run by NUS or some govt. hospitals, 4gt liao).

If U ask me, I prefer the standard 1 as its more accurate though a lot of ppl prefer instant 1, instant relief.
Old 29-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by juswan2knwu View Post
Tk he quoted U the standard 1 which is why it tak 2 wks. Mine then was an instant 1 as tat polyclinic hse a lab (run by NUS or some govt. hospitals, 4gt liao).

If U ask me, I prefer the standard 1 as its more accurate though a lot of ppl prefer instant 1, instant relief.
I see. By the way just wondering would taking of supplements affect the bloodtest or anything?
Old 29-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1096 / Power: 20
AfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud of

Quote:
I see. By the way just wondering would taking of supplements affect the bloodtest or anything?
What sort of supplements are you thinking of?
Old 29-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Samster

Quote:
Most supplements dun really affect unless the 1s U taking contains medical properties, then I nt sure liao. U will hav 2 call DSC free hotline & ask them or give them yr supplements' ingredients.
Old 29-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Samster

Quote:
Most supplements dun really affect unless the 1s U taking contains medical properties, then I nt sure liao. U will hav 2 call DSC free hotline & ask them or give them yr supplements' ingredients.
Old 29-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfA_hmor View Post
What sort of supplements are you thinking of?
Just some detox stuffs...
Old 30-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Samster

AfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud of

Normally supplements won't affect the outcome of the tests. Esp if they have nothing to do with the immune system.
Old 30-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -68 / Power: 0
HCaddict has got little hope of coming out of this alive!

Quote:
Normally supplements won't affect the outcome of the tests. Esp if they have nothing to do with the immune system.
If supplements that strengthen the immune system will affect the Test result ? I am taking a supplement call Omega-3 which helps in blood circulation and improve immune system when I go for the HIV on the 4th month of exposure. Then will I need to go for test again ?
Old 30-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Samster

Omega 3 won't affect the blood test.
Actually, there isn't any conclusive statistics to support the relationship between supplements/medication and HIV testing. HIV screening tests for anti-biotics produced in the presence of the virus, that's why theoretically speaking, health supplements with nothing to do with the immune system and production of antibodies won't affect results at all. It's only when the person is under very heavy medication, such as for cancer which affects the production of antibodies, such that it may take longer for antibodies to show during the blood test. Supplements usually too mild to affect the blood test results.
Which is why the window period is important. 3 months for 99% effectiveness, 6 months for 100% effectiveness. the 1% is for the extremely rare cases.

Last edited by AfA_hmor; 30-04-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 30-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -68 / Power: 0
HCaddict has got little hope of coming out of this alive!

Quote:
Omega 3 won't affect the blood test.
Actually, there isn't any conclusive statistics to support the relationship between supplements/medication and HIV testing. HIV screening tests for anti-biotics produced in the presence of the virus, that's why theoretically speaking, health supplements with nothing to do with the immune system and production of antibodies won't affect results at all. It's only when the person is under very heavy medication, such as for cancer which affects the production of antibodies, such that it may take longer for antibodies to show during the blood test. Supplements usually too mild to affect the blood test results.
Which is why the window period is important. 3 months for 99% effectiveness, 6 months for 100% effectiveness. the 1% is for the extremely rare cases.
Thank you for the useful info. Really clear my doubts. BTW, do you think I need to go for check up again ? I did the test on the 4th month and the AFA's conseller told me it is not neccessary to test again.
Old 30-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Samster

Bro,assuming you don't have anymore exposure, the -ve result 4 months ago is quite alright. But if you will feel better knowing you are indeed 100% -ve by doing another test at 6 months, please go ahead.
But remember that HIV test only tests for what u did 3 months back. If the person engages in higher risk activities on a regular basis, then frequent testing is a good habit to have.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 119 / Power: 18
playboy82 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guyplayboy82 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

i know the DCS screen for Syphilis and HIV for $30.( day Clinic)
Can i just only screen for Syphilis and other std without the HIV test?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1