The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 18-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
dugger deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: HIV screening info

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachgu View Post
Hi,

Interesting thread but i have some enquiries.

I have read up Dr Tan wesite about the anonymous HIV testing and Rapid Anonymous HIV combo test. Something which i do not understand, i was told by my doctor last time once we are tested and re-confirm positive for HIV, our name will be submitted to sg government health board? So how can it be anonymous?

Another thing, anyone know roughly what is the cost of treatment per month for HIV?
http://www.afa.org.sg/act/27/3.htm

The cost, if purchase in Singapore, can go way over the SGD$1000 mark. Looking at the AFA article, price in Thailand for original drugs is half of that in Singapore and 75% less for the generic drugs.

More info of different antiviral drugs and their prices
http://aids.about.com/od/treatmentqu...edications.htm

In short, cost depends on the country and the drug combination that is effective for the person i.e. less side effects, based monitoring of the CD4 count etc.

As far as I know, only Taiwan is the only country that has program that is giving out the antiviral treatments to its citizen for free, though recently there have been some budget issues being brought up due to the program.

Disclaimer : I am just presenting information that are available on the web. All questions about cost and treatment should always be consulted with a physician.
Old 18-06-2014, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

Quote:
Hi,

Interesting thread but i have some enquiries.

I have read up Dr Tan wesite about the anonymous HIV testing and Rapid Anonymous HIV combo test. Something which i do not understand, i was told by my doctor last time once we are tested and re-confirm positive for HIV, our name will be submitted to sg government health board? So how can it be anonymous?

Another thing, anyone know roughly what is the cost of treatment per month for HIV?
It is anonymous because we have been given a special mandate by the Ministry of Health to conduct anonymous HIV test. In this vein, we have signed a gazette filed in the Supreme Court of Singapore that lets us off the hook for that particular clause of the Infectious Diseases Act which mandates that every healthcare worker who knows or even suspects that a patient have HIV has to report it to MOH.

That is why not every clinic an do this. We were chosen after a stringent process of training and SOP accreditation.

In short, MOH has given us the right to break the law when it comes to notification of HIV patients.

When you ask about HIV cost, I think you are asking about medication cost. This does not give a complete picture as it excludes consultation costs, cost of tests, cost of investigating and treating opportunistic infections, cost of travel (if you are seeking treatment outside of Singapore), opportunity cost when you travel etc etc

As for medications costs only, Singapore's CDC claims in Singapore it can be as low as $400 per month. I have personally not seen this. Medication costs in Singapore can go to as high as $2000 per month. There are buyers clubs in Singapore who bring in the medicines from Thailand and they are much cheaper. HIV medicines in Thailand can cost as low as $150 per month. In Malaysia, Malaysians get 1st and 2nd line HIV medicines for free. In Burma, Aung San Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy runs free HIV clinics.
Old 18-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Samster

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2088 / Power: 23
Frankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post

Medication costs in Singapore can go to as high as $2000 per month. There are buyers clubs in Singapore who bring in the medicines from Thailand and they are much cheaper. HIV medicines in Thailand can cost as low as $150 per month. In Malaysia, Malaysians get 1st and 2nd line HIV medicines for free. In Burma, Aung San Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy runs free HIV clinics.
It almost seems like our very own gov wants to punish whoever has been stricken with HIV for their indiscretion.
Old 18-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Samster (PreD)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2405 / Power: 10
rachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Dr Tan,

Thanks for answering my question. I have a friend who have raw sex with his new gf a few times for the pass 3 month. Recently his this new gf went for blood test and found to be HIV positive. Alarmed by this, my friend also took a full blood test but was found HIV negatve, only white blood count higher than normal.

Is there a possibility that 3 months is not enough time for the test to be accurate? How is the reliability of blood test? Is there a sure fire way to test if it is HIV positive or negative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
It is anonymous because we have been given a special mandate by the Ministry of Health to conduct anonymous HIV test. In this vein, we have signed a gazette filed in the Supreme Court of Singapore that lets us off the hook for that particular clause of the Infectious Diseases Act which mandates that every healthcare worker who knows or even suspects that a patient have HIV has to report it to MOH.
s.

Last edited by rachgu; 18-06-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 18-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Samster

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 827 / Power: 16
maxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to behold

So is the girlfriend a local or foreigner ?

色不异空,空不异色,色即是空,空即是色 .....

Going for FL is like going to the tiger's cave, can u be 100% sure u are safe...Read up on HIV Stigmas
http://www.avert.org/hiv-aids-stigma...rimination.htm
Old 18-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 21 / Power: 0
misterdark deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Dear Dr Tan,

Thanks for answering my question. I have a friend who have raw sex with his new gf a few times for the pass 3 month. Recently his this new gf went for blood test and found to be HIV positive. Alarmed by this, my friend also took a full blood test but was found HIV negatve, only white blood count higher than normal.

Is there a possibility that 3 months is not enough time for the test to be accurate? How is the reliability of blood test? Is there a sure fire way to test if it is HIV positive or negative?
Accurate past 3 months according to DSC guidelines.
Old 18-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 110 / Power: 11
Satos43 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuySatos43 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Dear Dr Tan,

Provided that his last sexual encounter with his gf was 3 months ago when he took the test, the test should be conclusive and he should thank his lucky stars he escaped.
Old 25-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Samster

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 199 / Power: 23
KingCheong is a Helpful and Caring SamsterKingCheong is a Helpful and Caring Samster

So I did my HIV test today at Dr Tan's Clinic.

Contrary to the other bros before me, I had a full agonizing 3 weeks of mental hell, torture, stress, anxiety...etc. I was going mad imagining about the worse case scenario. I even lost weight and couldn't sleep for the past 2 weeks.
I told myself if my test came out positive, I would seriously contemplate suicide.

Well thank all the gods, my test came out NEGATIVE! After all these years of cheonging I was given a 2nd chance in life. And I am not going to throw this away, I am going to cherish my life more, spend more time with my parents who are getting on in age. I will never go for any form of commercial sex again, I am going to be faithful to my gf and one day marry her and have children with her. I will love her and look after her till the day I die.

Having said that, I can't help but wonder about those who were tested positive. How are they coping with this new realization that their lives will never be the same again? I pray that they find the strengths to continue living and ultimately pray that a cure can be found soon enough for them.
Old 25-06-2014, 03:40 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

they can still live a normal life. it isnt the end of the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheong View Post
Having said that, I can't help but wonder about those who were tested positive. .

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 25-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Samster

maxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to behold

Although it is not the end of the world for HIV positive people....the cost of treatment each month in Singapore might just kill them....

Going for FL is like going to the tiger's cave, can u be 100% sure u are safe...Read up on HIV Stigmas
Old 26-06-2014, 01:09 AM
Samster (PreD)

My Reputation: Points: 2405 / Power: 10
rachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond reputerachgu has a reputation beyond repute

Does it matter local or foreigner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsee View Post
So is the girlfriend a local or foreigner ?
Too bad last sexual encounter was not 3 month though first was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satos43 View Post
Provided that his last sexual encounter with his gf was 3 months ago when he took the test, the test should be conclusive and he should thank his lucky stars he escaped.
Congrats u found what u want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheong View Post
After all these years of cheonging I was given a 2nd chance in life. And I am not going to throw this away, I am going to cherish my life more, spend more time with my parents who are getting on in age.
Too many, it is the end of the world after diagnose with positive result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
they can still live a normal life. it isnt the end of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsee View Post
Although it is not the end of the world for HIV positive people....the cost of treatment each month in Singapore might just kill them....
Old 28-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 108 / Power: 12
RootAccess deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyRootAccess deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Went testing at ASA before. They will present this graph that shows that almost every case is detected by 3 months. Test again in 6 months to be 100% sure.
Old 28-06-2014, 04:00 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

ASA? the tour operator?
surely u mean AFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootAccess View Post
Went testing at ASA before. They will present this graph that shows that almost every case is detected by 3 months. Test again in 6 months to be 100% sure.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 753 / Power: 19
SexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to behold

I had sex w a csw from fl3 , after came then realise cd slip off but she say is come in side cd, but the cd take out like not though I see some semen inside after she throw into dustbin. Am f scared now, less than 72hrs, is going for hiv pep useful? It's costly and will it cause long term damage as m planning a family..

F worried n couldn't slp all night. See my wife besid me emotions filled me.
I going to stop all these shit I swear . Moment of folly, married bros pls stop
Old 01-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Samster

Better to go for PEP now before it is too late.....if u suay enough to contract HIV....the long term medical cost will be much more.....

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1