The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 19-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Jon_J

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0
Re: All you need to know about HIV

I went there on wednesday night. paid $20 at the counter. fill in a form about age, sex preference, etc...

waited to be called and 'councior' asking questions like first time? safe sex, use condom, and six mths time window to detect any hiv virus in your blood stream.

after that wait outside to be called into another room. prick finger for blood test on a strip. and wait for twenty minutes outside.

i waited more than 20 minutes. they jumped to another number. Damn, like waiting for death sentencing.....

finally, called in to see the strip. one line on strip means the blood test is succesful. Lucky me. one line on strip only.

if two line on strip, means +ve.
Old 20-09-2004, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

Anonymous HIV checkup procedures at the DSC.

the procedure is simple... once u reach there

1. you will be required to fill up a form.... ( u can just Hamtam any particular into the form) and then pay $20...u will then be given a queue number..

2. wait for your queqe number to be called and then proceed for see the part-timer counselor( educator). they will ask u a simple questions abt your sex life and u can also ask them anything u want with regards to the test and the HIV virus.

3. After the test.. wait outside room 14, where u have to wait for your queue number to be call again... this time to take your blood test.. dont worry it is just a prick on the finger ...

4. afte they take your blood...just roam around or go to the nearby hawker center/ food court for a drink... come back in 15 mins time. wait outside the room where you went for your consulation... they will call you and give u the result.

that all... very simple and easy. Hope all is fine.... i will be going for my regular checkup this wed... if u want u can join me too..

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 22-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Samster

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 78 / Power: 21
thecas deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

But I read that the pple dun change gloves.. can u bring gloves for them to change into? I mean scarly they poke a +ve person b4 u. a bit blood on glove, touch your hand and on the same spot u kana poke. how?

PPle + ed :gottasexu , Camelot, kkspore, roflmaoxz, alf_9, goodpartn, BustLover, ChokDeeDee, m0n3ym1nd, raverboy,odsendSYT
Old 29-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Samster

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 381 / Power: 21
KLGL is a living Saint! - you won't find betterKLGL is a living Saint! - you won't find betterKLGL is a living Saint! - you won't find betterKLGL is a living Saint! - you won't find better

was wanderin if 3mths if enough to detect any HIV virus?The highest risk encounter i had was raw oral sex(bbbj n pussy eating), but still wld like to play safe and go for the screen. i read about the 6 mths window period but some claim that 3 mths onwards the virus shld be able to b detected.

Confused,
KL
Old 29-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Samster

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2088 / Power: 23
Frankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGL
was wanderin if 3mths if enough to detect any HIV virus?The highest risk encounter i had was raw oral sex(bbbj n pussy eating), but still wld like to play safe and go for the screen. i read about the 6 mths window period but some claim that 3 mths onwards the virus shld be able to b detected.

Confused,
KL
I understand the the 3 to 6 months window is to detect the virus....there is another test which I was told is to detect the antibodies to the virus....and this one requires shorter window period only a few weeks...as once a foreign bodies enters our system, the immune system will start producing antibodies against any possible infection....
Old 29-09-2004, 11:08 PM
jerrylimkk

The 3 months test is actually looking for antibodies...Average people can have detected antibodies by 25-28 days..and 99% of the people by 6 weeks...This is the elisa test and is usually recommend for hiv screening..the window period of 3 months is actually very conservative...because people that have immune problems like cancer patients or IV drug users takes slightly longer than 6 weeks to produce antibodies..some states in US and WHO are using 6 weeks for elisa test..some countries like brazil, france, sweden and italy are using 8 weeks as the window period..The 6 months thing is completely outdated liao except for those that kanna needle stick injuries and those on PEP..Anti viral meds 72 hours after protential exposure..to kill off the virus before it spread..The 28 days test is call PCR dna or rna..it detects the actual virus instead of antibodies so 28 days neg is almost gurantee not infected...But this test is damn expensive $380 and it has a 1-2 % false positive...Imagine a person kanna a false positive but he is not infected..the virus haven kill him he already died of heart attack liao..

PS: 12 weeks window period

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/S...g/Q146493.html
Old 04-10-2004, 12:46 AM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

bro the one used in dsc is to detect the presence of antibodies.. only when the person is tested postive then they will do the virus test...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiestine
I understand the the 3 to 6 months window is to detect the virus....there is another test which I was told is to detect the antibodies to the virus....and this one requires shorter window period only a few weeks...as once a foreign bodies enters our system, the immune system will start producing antibodies against any possible infection....

Old 07-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 40 / Power: 0
ThaiG deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy
In fact i told them off twice and they assured me that there is no risk, but i am not convinced. We have every right to request them to change the glove and i will continue to ask them to. no doubt abt that.
So in conclusion you ask them to change gloves and the agreed to your request? I don't want to appear too demanding on them. nvm
Old 07-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 243 / Power: 20
CNET is a Helpful and Caring SamsterCNET is a Helpful and Caring SamsterCNET is a Helpful and Caring Samster

this is a nice thread, thanks bro.

as for the changing of glove i think i will request also ,i dont want to go back home and then start worrying whether the glove got virus or not
Old 09-10-2004, 11:22 AM

dont worrry bro.. we have every right to request that.... so just exercise that rights... even thought it is quite safe without changing the glove... but like you said it... peace of mind mah:d

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNET
as for the changing of glove i think i will request also ,i dont want to go back home and then start worrying whether the glove got virus or not

Old 09-10-2004, 09:37 PM
jerrylimkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy
dont worrry bro.. we have every right to request that.... so just exercise that rights... even thought it is quite safe without changing the glove... but like you said it... peace of mind mah:d

Big sexy,

I just went down for a test today...they are quite automatic nowadays leh...they will change gloves for every client and also give handiplast liao...last time don't have one..
Old 11-10-2004, 09:20 PM
alex82

hi bros,

What are the risks of contracting HIV and other std in mutual mastubration?

cheers
Old 13-10-2004, 12:54 AM
jerrylimkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex82
hi bros,

What are the risks of contracting HIV and other std in mutual mastubration?

cheers

Very low risk..almost none...
Old 17-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 89 / Power: 20
1q2w3e deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

I just discovered that I got syphillis and herpes from a WL. R the chances of me geting HIV high cause I read the incubation period like 6 mths? I visit her many times last 2 mths. I just test no HIV but am I clear? Pls advice. Thank u.
Old 17-10-2004, 04:41 PM
jerrylimkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e
I just discovered that I got syphillis and herpes from a WL. R the chances of me geting HIV high cause I read the incubation period like 6 mths? I visit her many times last 2 mths. I just test no HIV but am I clear? Pls advice. Thank u.

The chances of getting HIV does increase if u have open sores from herpes or syphilis during the time u visit her...BTW did u use a condom?Then your risk is almost non existant if the condom did not break and do not have open sores from herpes during that exact time when u have sex..If u tested at 6 weeks u are almost free but for a offical neg u need to get tested at 12 weeks (3 months)..The 6 months crap is already old information liao...If a person takes more than 3 months to produce antibodies to HIV...He should be more worried about more serious unlying diseases than HIV that is cauing his immune to be so weak...
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1