The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 20-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
lion84 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Gen4 HIV test not accurate enough at 27 days?

Hi all,

Need some advice pls.

I went to DSC clinic to do the HIV gen4 testing after waiting 27 days from the time of unprotected sex. Results came back negative.

However, the resident doc said that the test is not that accurate (60%) as I am still within the window period.

He did say that after 6 weeks then the test can be considered as conclusive (99%).

So does this mean that my current results are not accurate enough?

Thanks all.
Old 20-11-2018, 03:06 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gen4 HIV test not accurate enough at 27 days?

well.. it all depends on the type of test that was conducted so they would know better.. however imo the accurate rate at 28 days is higher than 60%

4th gen test at 28 days has an accuracy rate of about 95-99% and 99-99.x% @6 weeks -3 months after exposure..

just do another one at 3months time to be sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion84 View Post
Hi all,

Need some advice pls.

I went to DSC clinic to do the HIV gen4 testing after waiting 27 days from the time of unprotected sex. Results came back negative.

However, the resident doc said that the test is not that accurate (60%) as I am still within the window period.

He did say that after 6 weeks then the test can be considered as conclusive (99%).

So does this mean that my current results are not accurate enough?

Thanks all.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 20-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 228 / Power: 12
IAmAwesome is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIAmAwesome is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIAmAwesome is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
I am still within the window period
I think he is just being careful but he also has a point about you being within the window period but personally i think you probably are cleared but you can test again after the window period which would 100% confirm your status
Old 21-11-2018, 02:19 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1896 / Power: 13
baotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant future

it doesn't matter whether it is 60 or 70% after 30 days. End of the day, the result after 3 months is the one that is conclusive.
Old 21-11-2018, 11:44 AM
Samster

neilgoose deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Visited a doctor (private) for my PEP and was told at Day 28 the test results will be "definitive". Just to be entirely sure, do one more as suggested in the earlier post at Month 3.
Old 21-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 520 / Power: 13
cocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of light

U have raw sex with FL ? Why u soo worry till need to take PEP? Mind share?
Old 22-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Samster

lion84 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Thanks all.

I understand that after 3 months the test is considered as conclusive for sure.

Just that i was surprised that the doctor said the test is not accurate enough at 28 days. So i was wondering if it was like a scare tactic to get me to come back to do more testing.

Will do one more test at the 6 week mark to ensure.
Old 22-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1816 / Power: 11
Tuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant futureTuanehkia has a brilliant future

No la. Why need to scare you to do extra test? The testing charges don't go into his pocket.
Old 23-11-2018, 08:30 AM
Samster

neilgoose deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky1234 View Post
U have raw sex with FL ? Why u soo worry till need to take PEP? Mind share?
CD broke in a session w a legal WL @ GL.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:02 AM
Samster

BigWorry deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Quote:
Thanks all.

I understand that after 3 months the test is considered as conclusive for sure.

Just that i was surprised that the doctor said the test is not accurate enough at 28 days. So i was wondering if it was like a scare tactic to get me to come back to do more testing.

Will do one more test at the 6 week mark to ensure.
28 days is conclusive at 95% IF u have protected sex n no funny symptoms. I was told 4th gen test can detect hiv as early as 2nd week. In another words..if u tested have...100% have..if tested dun have...up to 95% dun have..plus assessment on your case background..u can then decide whether to cfm again at later date. If no symptom n is protected..then most likely u dun get a surprise.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:06 AM
Samster

Quoted: 400 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 610 / Power: 6
IamGood is a name known to allIamGood is a name known to allIamGood is a name known to allIamGood is a name known to allIamGood is a name known to allIamGood is a name known to all

Huh? Only if protected sex and no symptoms, then 4gen test can detect in week 2? Meaning if got hiv and only is protected and no sym, then 2 weeks can detect? So if non protected then it takes longer to detect? Sounds funny.
Who told u that?
Old 05-01-2019, 09:07 AM
Samster

BigWorry deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Don't confuse yourself. Just follow the window period. Just saying that the test can start to detect the virus after 2 weeks so if you have it more list it will be positive. If tested negative, it doesn't mean u du have cause it might not have detected the antibodies yet. So the closer u test to 28 days the more accurate it can be. When I say protected and no symptom I'm just trying to use non quantifiable possibilities to help in deciding whether u think u wana retest again after 28 days or even 3 months.
Old 15-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 30 / Power: 0
ResidentDentist deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorry View Post
28 days is conclusive at 95% IF u have protected sex n no funny symptoms. I was told 4th gen test can detect hiv as early as 2nd week. In another words..if u tested have...100% have..if tested dun have...up to 95% dun have..plus assessment on your case background..u can then decide whether to cfm again at later date. If no symptom n is protected..then most likely u dun get a surprise.
Don't think this is right. If the test in question is 95% at the point of testing, it is 95% positive or negative. If it is positive, the doctor will do an additional test to confirm it.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1