The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List
Driver

Old 04-04-2018, 12:15 AM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5799 / Power: 15
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFOMF5 View Post
Interesting
Would like to tag along.
Please report back. It looks good!
What about a a day tour from Nagoya? too far? Feasible?
Old 04-04-2018, 12:20 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 411 / Power: 9
BFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
And what can they do with your passport number? Or even a photocopy?
You leave it overnight at hotel desk when you checkin, why not to a registered cell phone operator agent?
It's not a credit card, which someone can use on an online store giving simply the number, exp. date and last 3 digits on the back (bank will refund, anyway).
Just to minimise the risk of someone using my identity to register for another SIM that might be used for whatever purposes.

From what nono's experience
if they can uses someone'someone's identity to register for him...
Then...they could also use yours to reg fo other.

That's why I suggest go GraPARI.
The sweet girls there will see if you are the person on the passport.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:51 AM
Samster

BFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Quote:
.....can send their passport number and temporary stay permit (KITAS) or permanent stay permit (KITAP) number via SMS to 4444.

I will buy my SIM cards at a shop at Lucky Plaza. Will my passport be enough?
What is a KITAS?? What about a tourist who stays few days??
For Indo citizen they need KTP (id) and
authenticate by KK(family card)

As for KITAS..KITAP
You might take it as work permit and PR respectively.

Again... both served to authenticate the PP.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:54 AM
Samster

Quote:
Please report back. It looks good!
What about a a day tour from Nagoya? too far? Feasible?
Look like a bit rush..
As the jetty in in Galang end
Old 04-04-2018, 01:16 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I wouldnt feel comfortable to give my Passport info to small stalls.
If I really want to register I will go GraPARI(=HELLO shop in sg).
Same here,i wont feel comfortable allowing the smaller shops to have my passport info too.

Quote:
Just to minimise the risk of someone using my identity to register for another SIM that might be used for whatever purposes.
So far what i knew was each Indonesia citizen can register for up to 3 sim cards.

Quote:
...and for foreigner,if i dont remember wrong can only register 1 or 2 sim cards. So chances of those street stalls stealing tourist info is lesser than locals theoretically. Most ID theft would be locals.

Quote:
That's why I suggest go GraPARI.
The sweet girls there will see if you are the person on the passport.
Hehehe...can always get taxi drivers (with small tips) or the "girls" (you knew) to register under their ID for you too.

I hear from the girls that sim card owner should register their Indo sim card by mid April or something. Some say it came out in the news. So i am now also looking at "how to register" my sim card online and here is what i found from Jakarta post after doing some search.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2...heres-how.html

My sim was from Telkomsel...and i dont know if i got myself to the right page below...hehehe... (my main problem is still the language barrier)

https://my.telkomsel.com/?_ga=2.2540...009.1519739591

...and when i click on the Prepaid Registration button,it brought me to this page...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Old 04-04-2018, 02:09 AM
Samster (eP)

Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

From what nono's experience
That's a bit paranoid. Then you would never leave your passport at the hotel desk...

If I need some real passport information, just to register a SIM, I can find plenty of passports from hotel desks. I give a tip, and some guy will give me a photocopy.

But if you want to register a SIM using other passport data:
1) if you go to a honest shop, they need to see a real passport, not just getting a number;
2) if you are not a honest employee, you don't need a real passport. Just enter any number. The system cannot check if the foreign passport number is authentic (I don't think they have a system connected to the Ministry data base).
=> in short, don't worry.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:13 AM
Samster (eP)

Quote:
As for KITAS..KITAP
You might take it as work permit and PR respectively.
I read:
As for foreigners, Tribun Jogja reported that they can send their passport number and temporary stay permit (KITAS) or permanent stay permit (KITAP) number via SMS to 4444.

I am foreigner, I am tourist, I don't have KITAS or KITAP.
I really cannot imagine that Indonesia would be the first country in the world not allowing foreign tourists to get a SIM card. The passport must be enough.
(btw, the same happens in Singapore: when I bought a SIM cardl, they wanted to take a photocopy of the passport)
Old 04-04-2018, 06:38 AM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 333 / Power: 15
cleyeo is one of the Best!cleyeo is one of the Best!cleyeo is one of the Best!cleyeo is one of the Best!

Quote:
That's a bit paranoid. Then you would never leave your passport at the hotel desk...

If I need some real passport information, just to register a SIM, I can find plenty of passports from hotel desks. I give a tip, and some guy will give me a photocopy.

But if you want to register a SIM using other passport data:
1) if you go to a honest shop, they need to see a real passport, not just getting a number;
2) if you are not a honest employee, you don't need a real passport. Just enter any number. The system cannot check if the foreign passport number is authentic (I don't think they have a system connected to the Ministry data base).
=> in short, don't worry.
fully agreed.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Samster

Quote:
I don't feel comfortable with that ...
When there other option I wouldn't give.
What I did in the past..
After arriving btm. I go get girl.
And she follows me to kaha get voucher.
Then go hotel check in under her name.

Even now... kos,shop,Sim,car, motor an even BRI Card all not under my name.
But the card and document i keep.

Agree that there are not 100% way of preventing errant do by others...

But the key word is minimise the risks is what I can do.

Quote:
Just to minimise the risk of someone using my identity to register for another SIM that might be used for whatever purposes....
Old 04-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3075 / Power: 15
Seebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond reputeSeebeysong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I read:
As for foreigners, Tribun Jogja reported that they can send their passport number and temporary stay permit (KITAS) or permanent stay permit (KITAP) number via SMS to 4444.

I am foreigner, I am tourist, I don't have KITAS or KITAP.
I really cannot imagine that Indonesia would be the first country in the world not allowing foreign tourists to get a SIM card. The passport must be enough.
(btw, the same happens in Singapore: when I bought a SIM cardl, they wanted to take a photocopy of the passport)
Return the favour...Up your points. Courtesy of seebeysong.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2805 / Power: 9
fde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond reputefde83 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol
Old 04-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 39999 / Power: 32
Hurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You leave it overnight at hotel desk when you checkin, why not to a registered cell phone operator agent?
It's not a credit card, which someone can use on an online store giving simply the number, exp. date and last 3 digits on the back (bank will refund, anyway).
let me share experience in Vietnam...

All patrons to hotel will have to deposit their ID at the hotel receptionist upon checking in...foreigners - passport and locals their ID card. For 10 years, I have always stay at reputable hotels and so far so good. Also when your lost everything thru theft or snatch theft, still have passport to fly home.

Recently Vietnam just doing an exercise to get all sim card holders to come with their ID/passport to register their sim card by giving full information including a photo of the sim card owner...photo taken by a camera attached to their computer...if the sim card owners dun response within a certain date after repeated reminders, the telco can disconnect the sim card usage.

telcos started removing sim card numbers belonging to the same owner registered to multiple sim cards more than the allowable quantities.

Up me if want trade.....will not return if you dun hv min 60 pts

Please Do Not reply long post, always edit...may zap and remove post

Old 05-04-2018, 05:07 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
All patrons to hotel will have to deposit their ID at the hotel receptionist upon checking in...foreigners - passport and locals their ID card. For 10 years, I have always stay at reputable hotels and so far so good. Also when your lost everything thru theft or snatch theft, still have passport to fly home.
Came to this regulation issue...LL lah.
Do agree, it hv an advantage. But the choice of hotel is the key point.

Last time, when I landed in Clark....
First Place, out of airport, I go is to my friend's (Wantok bar owner)house to deposit all my essential items for my return flight. It includes my passport, air ticket, emergency $ and in flight clothing.

Now she's gone. But the same practice applied to my regular trusted hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
Recently Vietnam just doing an exercise to get all sim card holders to come with their ID/passport to register their sim card by giving full information including a photo of the sim card owner...photo taken by a camera attached to their computer...if the sim card owners dun response within a certain date after repeated reminders, the telco can disconnect the sim card usage.
Haha... Clark still behind....
3 weeks ago i decided to switch to Globe. They give free SIM in arrival hall... IIRC .
They just take down name and pp#.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:12 AM
Samster (eP)

Sunday

I know returning from Batam to Singapore on a Sunday afternoon can be a nightmare. Better book the ferry in advance.
My first time in Batam, I did not think about that, and I risked to miss my flight from Changi on Sunday night because all ferries were full.
Now, what about GOING to Batam on Sunday? I guess there will be no problem, because everyone is returning. Correct?
Old 06-04-2018, 04:46 AM
Samster

Quote:
Now, what about GOING to Batam on Sunday? I guess there will be no problem, because everyone is returning. Correct?
Partly correct....
Now the concern is the return indonesian.
But not as crazy as sg crowd.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1