The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 18-02-2015, 01:10 AM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 41 & Jobless. How?

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

DIPLOMA HOLDER’S DILEMMA IN CONTRACT JOB MARKET

Post date:
17 Feb 2015 - 8:00pm

Jobless 41-year-old diploma holder facing challenges in the job market due to contract work conditions
Dear Mr Gilbert

Thank you for taking time to read my email.

I am 41 years old and completed my Diploma in Business Administration at Singapore Polytechnic in 2012.

I have been doing administrative work with various Statutory Board/Ministries for the past 10 years.

Due to changes in HR practice, Fixed Term contract jobs dominated the Singapore job market.

I was offered 2 Fixed Term contract jobs (non renewable) from 2011 – 2013. I found them challenging and accepted them.

After completing these 2 jobs, I found it difficult to secure a new job.

Employers regard me as ‘old’ and ‘unable to take up new challenges’. They also classify Fixed Term contract jobs as ‘job hopping’. Online job portals and recruitment agencies also do not give chances to older workers.

Interview opportunities were often accompanied by plenty of rude remarks, regarding my age, qualification and work experience, from interviewers. I try to be polite and convince them but they are blinded by their own prejudice.

WDA was unable to help and tried to evade the problem by sending me to unsuitable job fairs.

As time passes, the gap between my last employment and the present time widens.

There is nothing wrong with me but I cannot be telling people that the previous interviewers discriminated against me.

In this changing world, we have to adapt to changes and take on jobs that we do not like.

I also upgraded myself hoping for a better life but failed to gain acceptance from employers.

There is a group of selfish people out there who abuse their authority and take away our chances for survival.

They are paid a high salary to sit through interview sessions just to insult people and kill time.

How does this make us a fair and inclusive society?

I would appreciate it if you could offer me some advice as I do not know how to take the next step.

Regards.

Larry
[Transitioning Editor’s note: We have offered the writer our coaching service.]
*Letter first appeared in Transitioning.org, a support site run by Gilbert Goh.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1