The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 15-11-2015, 09:39 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3532 / Power: 16
shyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond reputeshyboiboi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HIV screening info

saw at AFA website we can actually take test after 14days.. how accurate will that be?
Old 15-11-2015, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

that's the minimum period to wait before u go do the test.

2 weeks - Possible Detection
4 weeks - Most Likely Detection

here is more HIV screening options at various timeline

https://sbf.net.nz/showpo...&postcount=746

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyboiboi View Post
saw at AFA website we can actually take test after 14days.. how accurate will that be?

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 17-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Orehero deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi guys, I'm back and I did my test at week 7 and it turns out negative. I know week 12 is conclusive for the Hiv 4th gen testing, but I feel so much better knowing it is negative at 95%.

Thx for letting me talk here. It really helps with my anxiety(guilt).
Old 18-11-2015, 07:47 AM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

yeap.. 4th gen test at 7 week is pretty accurate. good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orehero View Post
Hi guys, I'm back and I did my test at week 7 and it turns out negative. I know week 12 is conclusive for the Hiv 4th gen testing, but I feel so much better knowing it is negative at 95%.

Thx for letting me talk here. It really helps with my anxiety(guilt).

Old 23-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 504 / Power: 15
benny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
you did the right thing by wearing a condom, but that doesn't guarantee that you wont get anything nasty.

i would recommend u do the 4th gen HIV test( AFA or Dr tan's clinic) after a month from exposure and follow that up with the standard std screening test @ Dr tan clinic after 6 weeks from exposure
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently waiting for 1 month to pass before going for the test. Is cold+cough part of hiv symptom?

Suddenly having cold(sneezing + running nose) + some dry cough for the past 2 days, no other symptoms like fever/rash thou....worried sick if it is related to it. Thou I know I've been hiding in air con room most of my working hrs + been eating lots of fried stuff.
Old 23-11-2015, 03:24 PM

quite frankly mate, there is no way to say if u have HIV or not just based on the symptoms..
you need to be tested to be sure.. so dont worry abt the cold for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny3132 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently waiting for 1 month to pass before going for the test. Is cold+cough part of hiv symptom?

Suddenly having cold(sneezing + running nose) + some dry cough for the past 2 days, no other symptoms like fever/rash thou....worried sick if it is related to it. Thou I know I've been hiding in air con room most of my working hrs + been eating lots of fried stuff.

Old 23-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 504 / Power: 15
benny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of lightbenny3132 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
quite frankly mate, there is no way to say if u have HIV or not just based on the symptoms..
you need to be tested to be sure.. so dont worry abt the cold for now.
Thanks once again for the advice. Yeah..just waiting for time to pass..hopefully all is well.
Old 25-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 753 / Power: 19
SexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to behold

Qn:

If after the pep 1 mth n 3 mth all clear n std all clear. Still need go for test?

Tks
Old 30-11-2015, 03:22 AM
Samster

Quote:
you did the right thing by wearing a condom, but that doesn't guarantee that you wont get anything nasty.

i would recommend u do the 4th gen HIV test( AFA or Dr tan's clinic) after a month from exposure and follow that up with the standard std screening test @ Dr tan clinic after 6 weeks from exposure
Hi,

so is now 6 weeks from exposure the normal these days?
Internets say 12 weeks from exposure. Does that mean 12 weeks is old information?
Old 30-11-2015, 08:39 AM

Put it this way

6 weeks.. min waiting period..likely detection
12 weeks .. most likely detection

Quote:
Hi,

so is now 6 weeks from exposure the normal these days?
Internets say 12 weeks from exposure. Does that mean 12 weeks is old information?

Old 30-11-2015, 08:42 AM

What do u want to test for after you r clear of hiv and stds fter 3 months?

Imo.. there is nothing else to worry if u are cleared at the 3 months mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexCraved View Post
Qn:

If after the pep 1 mth n 3 mth all clear n std all clear. Still need go for test?

Tks

Old 30-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 753 / Power: 19
SexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to beholdSexCraved is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What do u want to test for after you r clear of hiv and stds fter 3 months?

Imo.. there is nothing else to worry if u are cleared at the 3 months mark
The confusion is the 3 mth is include or exlude? So pep 1 then plus 3 = 4mth to test or pep 1m then 2 mths later test
Old 01-12-2015, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexCraved View Post
The confusion is the 3 mth is include or exlude? So pep 1 then plus 3 = 4mth to test or pep 1m then 2 mths later test
When to test for HIV conclusively after PEP is a confusing and complex topic.

Various different health agencies and authorities publish different guidelines that recommend anything from 3 to 6 months (last time even 1 year) post exposure. Not post PEP, but post EXPOSURE.

It is basically a case of how kiasu you want to be. That is why even different doctors in Singapore will give you different advice.

According to my interpretation of the current available science and evidence, a 4th Generation HIV Combo test at 3 months post EXPOSURE for patients who have taken PEP is conclusive.

Note that still there are MORE guidelines that recommend testing up to 6 months compared to those recommending testing to 3 months.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:19 AM
Samster

Since 1 Dec is World AIDS Day, I would like to talk about it more.
As my 12 week mark is coming soon, I want to be free from this worrying too.
From what the net says:
- 6 weeks: 95% correct
- 12 weeks: 99% correct

After this Test, do I still need to test for STD?
Can the HIV 4th Gen test for STD? There has been no discharge what so ever and they say it is a common sign of STD. Since it has almost been 3 months post exposure, can I safely say I am free of STD??
How often should you have checkup for HIV?

Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 02-12-2015, 02:17 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since 1 Dec is World AIDS Day, I would like to talk about it more.
As my 12 week mark is coming soon, I want to be free from this worrying too.
From what the net says:
- 6 weeks: 95% correct
- 12 weeks: 99% correct

After this Test, do I still need to test for STD?
STD stands for "Sexually Transmitted Diseases". There is a long list of infections you can catch from having sex. Each has different symptoms. Discharge is a common symptom of gonorrhea. Each STD has its own set of symptoms but some STDs cause no symptoms whatsoever.

Each infection requires a different set of tests in order to diagnose and each one requires specific treatment to deal with the symptoms and/or the underlying infection.

HIV testing only detects HIV. You still need to be tested for other infections if you want to know whether you are free of the other infections. STDs which display no symptoms can only be detected via the appropriate test.

For some STDs eg warts, no testing is available. Diagnosis is by visual inspection. It is also possible to have a wart infection with no visible warts present.

In response to your question, "do I still need to test of STDs?", the answer isn't a simple yes or no. If you are having specific symptoms, it goes without saying that you should get the symptoms checked out by a doctor. However, if you have no symptoms, the decision is really yours to make. My advice is to get tested every 6 months for the most common STDs if you are sexually active. This applies even to those who are in a supposedly monogamous relationship as you can never be 100% sure what your sex partner is up to behind your back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gonorrhea (Bacterial Infection - Treatable in early stages)
Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection, that infects the genital region, as well as the non-genital orifices. Gonorrhea can also spread to the other parts of the body via bloodstream. While most of the symptoms experienced by men and women are quite similar, a few symptoms are gender-specific. For instance, men affected by gonorrhea are likely to experience painful urination and heavy secretions, whereas women are likely to experience abnormal bleeding and slight discharge. If left untreated, gonorrhea increases the risk of pelvic inflammatory diseases and infertility-related conditions.

Herpes (Viral Infection - Incurable)
Genital herpes is caused by the Herpes simplex virus. It can spread only if the infection is active. The symptoms usually appear a week after the contact with an infected person. One may get a mild fever, accompanied by painful itching in the genitals, followed with blisters. Blisters may break and ooze, causing a lot of pain and discomfort.

Chlamydia (Bacterial Infection - Treatable)
Chlamydia is a very common STD. For some, there are no symptoms unless it reaches an advanced stage. Both men and women experience burning urination and painful intercourse. Women get a slightly thick, white vaginal discharge and experience bleeding after intercourse, while men get clear, watery mucous discharge. Women with chlamydia infection have an inflamed pelvis, from where the infection spreads through the reproductive tract to the Fallopian tubes, and may cause scarring and infertility.

HIV/AIDS (Viral Infection - Incurable)
Of all the STDs, it is the HIV/AIDS infection that scares people the most. Besides sexual activity, the causal virus can also get transmitted through blood. The earliest symptom of this infection is short, feverish illness with a sore throat, and swollen glands in the groin, neck, and armpits. HIV-infected people may not show symptoms for more than eight to ten years after being infected. As the HIV destroys blood cells, it lowers the body's immunity, making it susceptible to weight loss, fatigue, cough, chills, night sweats, fever, and many other infections. The HIV, eventually, takes over the nucleus of a white blood cell (CD4 lymphocyte), constantly reproducing and releasing more viruses into the blood stream.

Hepatitis B (Viral Infection - Treatable)
Hepatitis B symptoms can appear anywhere between 45 to 180 days after exposure. Although, the early symptoms are mild, they are persistent or chronic in nature. Most symptoms are flu-like. Fatigue, jaundice, and colored urine with light-colored stools are some of the symptoms that are commonly experienced. Untreated hepatitis B strain can cause permanent liver damage. A vaccine shot within 24 hours after being exposed to the virus can help in preventing the infection to develop into hepatitis B. The treatment would depend upon the type of hepatitis B infection, which varies from being acute to chronic.

Trichomoniasis (Parasitic Infection - Treatable)
It is one of the most common types of sexually transmitted diseases, which is caused by a parasite. This condition is more common in women. Some people infected with trichomoniasis do not develop any symptoms, whereas others show certain symptoms in the form of mild irritation to severe inflammation. People who develop symptoms, start experiencing them between 5 to 28 days after getting the infection, but others do not experience any symptoms until a very long time. If left untreated, trichomoniasis may increase the risk of contracting HIV.

Crabs or Pubic Lice (Parasitic Infection - Treatable)
This infection is caused due to blood sucking lice that infest the hair in the pubic region, as the moistness in this area helps them to thrive and multiply. The pubic lice feed on a person's blood and cause a lot of itching and discomfort, especially in the night.

Syphilis (Bacterial Infection - Treatable in early stages)
Syphilis is caused by the bacteria Treponema pallidum. The early symptoms include the development of painless sores on the genitals. Syphilis can cause a lot of discomfort, if left untreated. Another symptom that is experienced by affected people is the development of a brown-colored, skin rash. This rash is mostly seen on palms and soles of the feet. It is also accompanied by symptoms such as fever, swollen glands, hair loss, and sore throat.

Genital Warts (Viral Infection - Treatable)
Genital warts refer to small, flat, flesh-colored bumps on the genitals, which are caused by HPV (Human Papillomavirus). In women, HPV affects the vulva, perineal area in the vagina, and the cervix, whereas in men, it affects the penis, are around the anus, or between the penis and the scrotum. In some cases, HPV could cause cancer of the cervix and penis in women and men respectively.

Chancroid (Bacterial Infection - Treatable)
Chancroid is a common STD that is often confused with syphilis. The symptoms of chancroid include the occurrence of small painful sores in the genital areas. It has been observed that women infected with chancroid have multiple lesions, as compared to a single lesion in men.

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (Bacterial Infection - Treatable)
It is a serious condition resulting from an untreated chlamydia or gonorrhea. It is an infection that affects a woman's reproductive organs. This condition develops when the infection spreads from the vagina and cervix to the Fallopian tubes, uterus, and the ovaries. Women, during their peak years of fertility, and those who are below 25 years of age, are more likely to acquire this disease than others.

Donovanosis (granuloma inguinale) (Bacterial Infection - Treatable)
A rare STD, donovanosis is caused by the bacteria known as Klebsiellagranulomatis. Although a rare disease, it is commonly found in the tropical and subtropical parts of the world such as Guyana, Southeast India, New Guinea, Central Australia, etc. It is characterized by wounds on the genitals, or the anal area. These appear as raised nodules at the beginning and then develop into big, beefy-red ulcers. Men are at a higher risk of acquiring this disease than women. It usually affects people in the age group of 20 to 40 years. The disease usually spreads due to vaginal or anal intercourse and very rarely due to oral sex. During the initial stages, it is difficult to differentiate between donovanosis and chancroid.

Nongonococcal Urethritis (Bacterial Infection - Treatable)
Nongonococcal urethritis refers to the inflammation of the urethra by pathogens other than the causal pathogen of gonorrhea. However, it is often caused by chlamydia and is commonly seen in males because of anatomical differences. It is rarely caused due to other sexually transmitted infections such as herpes, trichomoniasis, ureaplasma, or mycoplasma. It is mostly asymptomatic, but sometimes symptoms may develop within 1 to 5 weeks of infection. The symptoms include, a clear to white discharge from the penis, burning sensation while urinating, and irritation at the opening of the penis.

Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV) (Bacterial Infection - Treatable)
This is a sexually transmitted disease that affects the lymph glands in the genital area. It is caused by three different types of Chlamydia trachomatis bacterium. The symptoms of this disease develop within a few days to a month after being exposed to the bacteria. The person suffering from LGV may experience painful bowel movements, blood in stools, small and painless lesions on the male genitals or female genital tract, lower abdominal pain, diarrhea, swollen lymph nodes in the groin area and around the rectum (in case of anal intercourse).
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1