The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 08-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 49 / Power: 0
dimplesboy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
herpes carrier can donate blood?

having herpes can donate blood?
Old 08-11-2015, 08:00 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: herpes carrier can donate blood?

if u are referring to blood donation in sg, then read these links

http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en...to_Donate.html

http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en..._Criteria.html

http://www.redcross.sg/landing/give-blood/

When Not to Donate

Before making a donation, it is important that you take some time to view the links that may be relevant to you:

Common reasons for postponing your donation
Medication or vaccination
Products derived from human plasma
Herbal supplements or traditional herbal remedies
Drug abuse
Recently released from prison
Overseas travel deferral criteria
Pregnancy or menstrual period
Major illness or surgery
Autoimmune diseases
Diabetes
Epilepsy
Hypertension

Some people may not be aware that they are carriers of the following diseases, but their blood can still infect and harm the people who receive it. Find out more about:

AIDS or HIV infection
Hepatitis
Syphilis
Malaria

If you have already donated blood but think that your blood should not be used for transfusion, please call 1800-2263320 and inform us as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimplesboy View Post
having herpes can donate blood?

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 08-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
if u are referring to blood donation in sg, then read these links

http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en...to_Donate.html

http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en..._Criteria.html

http://www.redcross.sg/landing/give-blood/

When Not to Donate

Before making a donation, it is important that you take some time to view the links that may be relevant to you:

Common reasons for postponing your donation
Medication or vaccination
Products derived from human plasma
Herbal supplements or traditional herbal remedies
Drug abuse
Recently released from prison
Overseas travel deferral criteria
Pregnancy or menstrual period
Major illness or surgery
Autoimmune diseases
Diabetes
Epilepsy
Hypertension

Some people may not be aware that they are carriers of the following diseases, but their blood can still infect and harm the people who receive it. Find out more about:

AIDS or HIV infection
Hepatitis
Syphilis
Malaria

If you have already donated blood but think that your blood should not be used for transfusion, please call 1800-2263320 and inform us as soon as possible.
I read the links you given before starting this thread but can't find anything pertaining directly to herpes. So can or cannot ah?
Old 08-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
heduoshui deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

sorry bro, cannot advice. best call HSA straight and ask?
Old 08-11-2015, 09:45 PM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

If it isnt stated there then u can do it..
Just dont do it when u have a breakout or when u first get the virus

Also if u need more clarifcation.. call the number in that post..

Quote:
I read the links you given before starting this thread but can't find anything pertaining directly to herpes. So can or cannot ah?

Old 08-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 46 / Power: 0
ironmaiden2015 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

I think better ask the Dr. first before you donate..
from google:

http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answe...i-donate-blood

Dear readers,

Your thoughtfullness is much appreciated by the recipients of your blood donations! While you are correct that persons infected with HIV or hepatitis are not able to give blood, people who have herpes are generally not restricted from donating. However, during a primary outbreak of herpes (the first outbreak), a person infected with herpes should not donate blood. The very first time the symptoms of herpes manifest, it's possible for a small amount of the virus to enter the bloodstream. Also, it is generally not advisable to donate blood when you're not feeling well, be it due to a primary or recurrent outbreak of herpes, the flu, or another illness. When you're sick, your body is already trying to fight off an infection, and giving blood at such a time can put a little extra strain on your body.

Beyond the concern for the donor's well-being, it is okay to donate blood during a recurrent outbreak of herpes, as long as you are feeling otherwise healthy. When the virus is in an asymptomatic phase, there's really no question as to whether or not you can donate blood — you can. When it comes to herpes and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) the American Red Cross notes:

People with syphilis and/or gonorrhea should wait 12 months after treatment before donating blood
People wtih chlamydia, HPV (genital warts), and/or genital or oral herpes may donate as long as they are feeling healthy and meet the other eligibility requirements
As noted earlier, people with HIV or hepatitis are not able to donate blood. In addition, people who have been exposed to hepatitis or HIV may be restricted from donating.

A number of other health conditions may impact your ability to donate blood. You can check out the American Red Cross eligibility guidelines (link is external) to find out more or to look up your specific medical issues and whether you can be a donor.

Blood donors are almost always in hot demand, and if you are eligible, your donation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the thoughtful, concerned questions.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:52 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

If those with Herpes were not allowed to donate blood, then probably 99.9 % of the human race would be barred from donating and the blood banks would be empty.

8 types of Herpes have been identified so far.

__________________________________________________ _______

http://bodyandhealth.canada.com/chan...ation_id=70879

The herpes family of viruses includes 8 different viruses that affect human beings. The viruses are known by numbers as human herpes virus 1 through 8 (HHV1 - HHV8).

Human herpes virus 1

Human herpes virus 1 (HHV1) is also known as herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV1). It is typically the cause of cold sores around the mouth. HHV1 can also lead to infection in the genital area causing genital herpes usually through oral-genital contact, such as during oral sex. HHV1 infections are contagious and are usually spread from skin-to-skin contact with an infected person through small breaks in the skin or mucous membrane. The HHV1 virus is more likely to be spread through things like sharing eating utensils, razors, and towels from a person who has an active lesion.

Human herpes virus 2

Human herpes virus 2 (HHV2) is also called herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV2). It typically causes genital herpes, a sexually transmitted infection. However, it can also cause cold sores in the facial area. Like HHV1, the HHV2 infection is contagious and is spread by skin-to-skin contact. The main route of transmission is through sexual contact, as the virus does not survive very long outside the body.

Human herpes virus 3

Human herpes virus 3 (HHV3) is also called varicella-zoster virus. HHV3 causes chickenpox. It can also cause a recurrent virus infection of the skin, which is called herpes zoster or shingles. Shingles occurs when dormant varicella-zoster virus from an initial bout of chickenpox becomes reactivated. Like its close relative, HHV1, herpes zoster likes to infect skin cells and nerve cells. This virus may also recur along nerve fibre pathways, causing multiple sores where nerve fibres end on skin cells. Because an entire group of nerve cells is often affected, shingles is generally much more severe than a recurrence of herpes simplex. The lesions generally appear in a band-like or belt-like pattern occurring on one side of the body and are often accompanied by itching, tingling, or even severe pain. Healing usually occurs in 2 to 4 weeks, and scars may remain. Postherpetic neuralgia is a complication of shingles where the pain associated with the infection can persist for months and even years. Most people who experience shingles once do not experience it again.

Human herpes virus 4

Human herpes virus 4 (HHV4) is also known as the Epstein-Barr virus. It is the major cause of infectious mononucleosis, or "mono" - the "kissing disease." It is a contagious infection and is transmitted through saliva. Coughing, sneezing, or sharing eating utensils with an infected person can pass the virus from one person to another.

Human herpes virus 5

Human herpes virus 5 (HHV5) is the official name of cytomegalovirus (CMV). CMV is also a cause of mononucleosis. In people with healthy immune systems, the virus may not even cause any symptoms. It can be sexually transmitted, can cause problems to newborns, and can cause hepatitis. CMV can be transmitted through sexual contact, breast-feeding, blood transfusions, and organ transplants. CMV infection is one of the most difficult complications of AIDS. It may lead to diarrhea, severe vision problems including blindness, infections of the stomach and intestines, and even death. For a virus that barely causes a problem in most people with healthy immune systems, it can be amazingly nasty in people with damaged immune systems, such as people with AIDS.

Human herpes virus 6

Human herpes virus 6 (HHV6) is a recently observed agent found in the blood cells of a few patients with a variety of diseases. It causes roseola (a viral disease causing high fever and a skin rash in small children) and a variety of other illnesses associated with fever in that age group. This infection accounts for many of the cases of convulsions associated with fever in infancy (febrile seizures).

Human herpes virus 7

Human herpes virus 7 (HHV7) is even more recently observed and is closely related to HHV6. Like other human herpes viruses, HHV6 and HHV7 are so common that most of humankind has been infected at some point, usually early in life. HHV7 can also cause roseola, but it is not clear what other clinical effects that this virus causes.

Human herpes virus 8

Human herpes virus 8 (HHV8) was recently discovered in the tumours called Kaposi's Sarcoma (KS). These tumours are found in people with AIDS and are otherwise very rare. KS forms purplish tumours in the skin and other tissues of some people with AIDS. It is very difficult to treat with medication. HHV8 may also cause other cancers, including certain lymphomas (lymph node cancers) associated with AIDS. The fact that these cancers are caused by a virus may explain why they tend to occur in people with AIDS when their immune systems begin to fail. The discovery also provides new hope that specific treatments for these tumours will be developed that target the virus.

Stephen Sacks, MD, FRCPC, with revisions by the MediResource clinical team
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 09-11-2015, 07:27 AM

Dear sammyboy

what is the odd of someone asking if he can donate sperm if he got herpes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor View Post
If those with Herpes were not allowed to donate blood, then probably 99.9 % of the human race would be barred from donating and the blood banks would be empty.

8 types of Herpes have been identified so far.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dear sammyboy

what is the odd of someone asking if he can donate sperm if he got herpes?
The herpes virus resides in the nerve ganglia not in sperm cells.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

HSA does not screen for Herpes in donated blood samples.

That is a fact.

As Boss pointed out, if everyone who has Herpes is not allowed to donate blood, our blood banks will be dry and all of us will be screwed.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:42 AM
Samster

thanks for the replies everyone.

But im abit confused. If herpes is consider as a type of std, and ppl with std are not allow to donate blood while herpes carrier are still allow to donate. So is herpes still consider a type of std? If yes, then why it is different from other std??
Old 10-11-2015, 03:23 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:

But im abit confused. If herpes is consider as a type of std, and ppl with std are not allow to donate blood while herpes carrier are still allow to donate. So is herpes still consider a type of std? If yes, then why it is different from other std??
Sexual transmission is just one of the ways in which the Herpes family of viruses can be transmitted.

The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact so any physical contact, eg a mother kissing her own child, can transmit Herpes. That is why 40% of children have already caught Herpes by the time they are 15 even though they are still virgins.

Herpes carriers can donate blood because Herpes is not transmitted via blood transfusions. It is not a blood-borne infection so you cannot catch Herpes from a blood transfusion.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:45 AM

make it simple for you.

Herpes is not present in the blood unlike HIV. So it isnt an issue with blood donation

Quote:

Old 10-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
make it simple for you.

Herpes is not present in the blood unlike HIV. So it isnt an issue with blood donation
If I have Herpes and I insert my finger into my friend's ear, is it possible that he'll catch Herpes?

Old 10-11-2015, 08:37 AM

Dear sam

can u provide more info...like which finger you use to poke your friend with....
left or right ear matter as well.
and can u also tell me why you want to poke his/her ear and not the other body part? you got poke ear fetish??

Anyway, he probably already has it, so there is no need for you to worry abt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor View Post
If I have Herpes and I insert my finger into my friend's ear, is it possible that he'll catch Herpes?

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1