The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 49 / Power: 0
dimplesboy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
why syphilis seems to be a more serious std compare to other std???

Why is syphilis seems to be a more serious. form of std compare to others ah? Syphilis carrier despite being treated and recover already still can donate blood and your carrier status still must be reported upon your check I heard. Any reasons why?
Old 13-11-2015, 07:47 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: why syphilis seems to be a more serious std compare to other std???

I dont see why syphilis is more serious than gonorrhea or chlamydia?

Did they specially stated syphilis in the health screening form ?

i remember they did ask abt my STDs status in general when i last donated blood donkey years ago..
i can understand if they ask abt one's HIV status though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimplesboy View Post
Why is syphilis seems to be a more serious. form of std compare to others ah? Syphilis carrier despite being treated and recover already still can donate blood and your carrier status still must be reported upon your check I heard. Any reasons why?

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 13-11-2015, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

In terms of a clinical disease, Syphilis is more serious than either Gonorrhea or Chlamydia. Nobody (or at least exceedingly rarely) people die from either Gonorrhea or Chlamydia. But people still die from complications of Syphilis.

The issue with Syphilis is that it is always missed. First it causes a painless ulcer which goes away on its own. So most patients would forget about it. Even most doctors who see it will probably just prescribe some cream. And since it disappears anyway, they think that they have treated it.

About 6 weeks after that, it causes a rash. This rash is known classically as "the great imitator". So not surprisingly, it is often misdiagnosed. Again, without any treatment, it disappears on its own.

The Syphilis infection then goes into a latent stage. During this stage, the patient does not have any symptoms. However, the Syphilis bacteria continues to damage the brain and blood vessels.

Many years down the road, the patient can go crazy (neuro-syphilis) or the major blood vessel in his/her chest or abdomen can expand and burst (aortic aneurysm).

The other big issue with Syphilis (this is in relation to blood donation), is that we do not have great tests to prove that it has been eradicated from the body. Syphilis tests remain positive for years (sometimes even for a lifetime) after a person has been infected EVEN IF he has been successfully treated. The way to determine treatment success is a complicated analysis of the non-treponemal test titer over a period of 2 years.

This makes it very challenging for blood banks to know if a person's blood is safe from Syphilis or not if he/she has ever been infected with Syphilis EVEN IF he has been successfully treated.
Old 13-11-2015, 09:44 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the clarification doc..always good to have u around

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
In terms of a clinical disease, Syphilis is more serious than either Gonorrhea or Chlamydia. Nobody (or at least exceedingly rarely) people die from either Gonorrhea or Chlamydia. But people still die from complications of Syphilis.

The issue with Syphilis is that it is always missed. First it causes a painless ulcer which goes away on its own. So most patients would forget about it. Even most doctors who see it will probably just prescribe some cream. And since it disappears anyway, they think that they have treated it.

About 6 weeks after that, it causes a rash. This rash is known classically as "the great imitator". So not surprisingly, it is often misdiagnosed. Again, without any treatment, it disappears on its own.

The Syphilis infection then goes into a latent stage. During this stage, the patient does not have any symptoms. However, the Syphilis bacteria continues to damage the brain and blood vessels.

Many years down the road, the patient can go crazy (neuro-syphilis) or the major blood vessel in his/her chest or abdomen can expand and burst (aortic aneurysm).

The other big issue with Syphilis (this is in relation to blood donation), is that we do not have great tests to prove that it has been eradicated from the body. Syphilis tests remain positive for years (sometimes even for a lifetime) after a person has been infected EVEN IF he has been successfully treated. The way to determine treatment success is a complicated analysis of the non-treponemal test titer over a period of 2 years.

This makes it very challenging for blood banks to know if a person's blood is safe from Syphilis or not if he/she has ever been infected with Syphilis EVEN IF he has been successfully treated.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 13-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 46 / Power: 0
ironmaiden2015 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

May I know if Syphilis is common in Singapore?
Old 13-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmaiden2015 View Post
May I know if Syphilis is common in Singapore?
http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/s/syph...ts-country.htm
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 28-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 228 / Power: 12
IAmAwesome is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIAmAwesome is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIAmAwesome is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
Means it depends on the donor's personal responsibility then?
Old 28-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Samster

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 462 / Power: 15
squiggle is a glorious beacon of lightsquiggle is a glorious beacon of lightsquiggle is a glorious beacon of lightsquiggle is a glorious beacon of lightsquiggle is a glorious beacon of light

Na, to be exact all STD are serious. No such thing as serious than each other or not, it is like comparing crime with crime. As long those are currently incurable, it will be the most serious.
Old 28-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
Na, to be exact all STD are serious. No such thing as serious than each other or not, it is like comparing crime with crime. As long those are currently incurable, it will be the most serious.
Why should an infection that causes no symptoms and does not affect a person's quality of life or life expectancy be considered serious?
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 01-12-2015, 12:50 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 121 / Power: 11
mrclen deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymrclen deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

How about raw sex with a WG that has been treated for Syphilis. IE: She has been checked and is clean.? I know, don't have unprotected sex!
Old 01-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1896 / Power: 13
baotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclen View Post
How about raw sex with a WG that has been treated for Syphilis. IE: She has been checked and is clean.? I know, don't have unprotected sex!
i don't think you know. Basically you don't want to have unprotected sex with WL...period
Old 01-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 52 / Power: 9
webdust deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
ya sia how you know ah? Even if she really got treated for syphillis tiagong also not 100% proof leh... not to mention that you couldnt even be sure??
Old 28-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 19 / Power: 0
TreeTrunks deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
How about raw sex with a WG
Raw Is War bro
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1